Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
A brief intro:

My name is Scott Armish, the Application Engineer at AEM responsible for the development of the Dodge Viper EMS.

A few of you have posted some good comments about needing a professional tuner for this kind of work, etc. This really depends on the individual owner. Users of our EMS systems generally fall into one of three catagories:

1. Don't care about tuning, don't want to learn, just want to pay someone else to make my car scary fast. Don't want to worry about it afterwards.

2. Willing to pay someone for the initial tuning, but teach me the basics at the same time so I don't have to bring it back and spend more $ every time I feel a little hiccup while driving.

3. Don't trust anyone to touch my car. I will do all the tuning no matter how long it takes to learn the system. I want to be responsible for the results. I want to learn how to get every last possible horsepower out of this thing.

You can fall into any one of these catagories and be happy with the results regardless of your level of mods but for the most part, those that fall into catagories 2 and 3 are AEM's best possible customers.

There is one difference we've noticed in the Viper community though. There is a group of well known shops that service the high performance needs of these cars. More so than some of AEM's supported applications, these Viper tuners are really dedicated to Vipers and to the customers who own them. These cars represent a different level and the shops understand that...especially when it comes to tuning.

AEM has had the pleasure of working with a few of these shops throughout the development of this system. All seem willing to go the extra mile when it comes to performance combined with drivability. That's the biggest advantage to the AEM EMS. You CAN have both. There aren't very many limitations.

So what does all this mean? Regardless of what kind of customer you are, because you have the advantage of a dedicated tuner network, you can take advantage of this system's capabilities regardless of your level of mods. Are you a tinkerer? Are you interested in learning about fuel injection tuning? Even better. The sky's the limit.

Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.