Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings gents. I was looking to secure a power steering vent tube, however, it looks like the owner of Roe Racing filed for bankruptcy earlier this month? Is anyone aware of another seller that has a similar item, or possibly even the short list of individual parts I can buy myself in order to craft my own? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Fuel hose, clamps, flex tubing or borrow a tune bender from auto parts store.
You are making this more complex than it is.

No offense to roe, but I'm not paying $27 for something i can make for free with what I have in the garage or if i didn't have the stuff make for a couple of bucks or free from the scrap yard.

Household hardware Automotive exterior Rectangle Musical instrument Composite material

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts

No offense to roe, but I'm not paying $27 for something i can make for free with what I have in the garage or if i didn't have the stuff make for a couple of bucks or free from the scrap yard.

View attachment 154436

WTH?! I was going to sell my Official Roe Racing Vent tube for $1299!!!!! Damn....................... :giggle:

·
Sexist
45,211 Posts

View attachment 154436
The Roe tube is good for 19 RWHP. Have you dyno'd yours?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,100 Posts
A simple piece of 3/8" fuel hose will do the trick, even without a clamp. It's what I use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuel hose, clamps, flex tubing or borrow a tune bender from auto parts store. You are making this more complex than it is. No offense to roe, but I'm not paying $27 for something i can make for free with what I have in the garage or if i didn't have the stuff make for a couple of bucks or free from the scrap yard. View attachment 154436
Roger that. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
3/8" fuel line has been working fine for me for the past 30 years. I have it routed into a catch can made out of a small, limited slip additive bottle that is zip-tied to the wiring harness.
Do you ever get any fluid in the catch can?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to race the car a lot at Sebring and back then, yes it would drain a little into that bottle during a hard run. That was a lot safer than the factory "Old Faithful" geyser cap that would spray the overheated power steering fluid straight up, and then down onto the red hot headers, the serpentine belt, and the left front suspension and brakes. Quite entertaining when you are doing 145 mph and approaching the 25 mph hair pin turn. I also added a power steering cooler so that helped things a bit as well. You can see the edge of the power steering cooler in the lower left of the photo above.

·
Sexist
45,211 Posts
I used a pipe wrench to snug the cap on. Amazing how strong that plastic cap is. Never had a problem. 'Course, now that I mentioned it the damn thing will probably crumble the next time I check the fluid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very early Gen1 (one of the carryover cars built in January 93 with all the 92 parts like the solid side pipe mounts, 2-piece exhaust manifolds, antenna on fender, etc). Didn't have any PS cooler, unless you consider the fluid-spraying geyser at the top of the cap as a cooler. :)

(It's the original Mopar Muscle Magazine Project Pit Viper)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts