Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of BBS LMS Wheels that I would like to have powder coated and everyone I try and get to do them is afraid to powder coat a three piece wheel as they are worried that the bonding that holds the seals in place will crack when the powder coating is baking. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You'll need to dismantle the wheels to powdercoat, it will damage the seals. Not a good idea as the tickness of the coating will make reassembly difficult. Why not two pack paint the wheels with a low temp bake instead.

·
Banned
293 Posts
I had my HRE wheels refinished. The only way of doing it is to disassemble the wheels then have the spokes sent out to be powdercoated. If you look at the inner seam of each wheel you'll see a bead of silicone that creates the seal. The bolts don't seal the wheel but just hold it together. Once you reassemble them reapply the silicone and let dry. You're good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.