Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week on ebay I found an listing for new Belanger(aluminum) headers,ebay auction # 2471010951 for a opening bid of $1,000.00 USD location: London Canada.On the listing he had the picture of Belanger headers taken from the website of BTR performance. I used the ask seller link to ask him if he was sure that the headers were aluminum because Belanger's are made out of aluminized steel & coated and asked for the total shipping cost to my zip code.His reply was "of course they are made out of aluminum" and asked me "where I was based at". I said Michigan USA. In his next email he gave me a $170.00 shipping quote. When I questioned the amount,he told me that he was in England. I asked him to email me more pictures and he sent me the other picture taken from the BTR site.I got this feeling in the bottom of my nuts that something was wrong and didn't bid even though $1,170.00 for Belangers with shipping sounded pretty good. I watched the auction for this item expire with no bids on it. A short time later I got another email from him telling me if i wanted to buy them "make best offer".I told him to give me his best price with shipping and I would tell him yes or no. His next email said $1,000.00 USD. I instantly got a hard-on and emailed "new Belanger headers for $1,000.00 USD including shipping?, his reply "you understand well". My reply "their mine". He then told me to wire him the money. I told him that for my protection that I wanted to use the escrow service that ebay uses, Escrow.com and sent him their link. After that heard nothing from him and the same listing was just relisted today-- ebay auction # 2472581721. BEWARE !!!!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anytime, Do think it might be fun for us to spam him with questions about the "Aluminum" headers?

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
This is of course a complete rip off and we should warn all bidders.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Phucking eBay scammers should be sent to IRAQ!!! /images/graemlins/up2

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Maybe I should register an eBay ID and really bid up these scams - to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars. Win them all and protect the innocent. Then, when (if) I get negative feedback for not paying, I'll expose the sscam. I'd pick a "ThisAuctionsAScam" as my ID and explain the scam as a repsonse to my negative feedback. I wouldn't use my real ID, so why not?

Hell, all these losers have "0" feedback - so you now they'd never take the time to give me negative....

hmmmm....

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
JT said:
Maybe I should register an eBay ID and really bid up these scams - to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars. Win them all and protect the innocent. Then, when (if) I get negative feedback for not paying, I'll expose the sscam. I'd pick a "ThisAuctionsAScam" as my ID and explain the scam as a repsonse to my negative feedback. I wouldn't use my real ID, so why not?

Hell, all these losers have "0" feedback - so you now they'd never take the time to give me negative....

hmmmm....
That is a great idea.....Fuck these guys.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
JT said:

hmmmm....
Do IT , I will send you any scams that I run across!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I saw those and was tempted to buy them. Damn, I'm glad I didn't bid.

·
Registered
920 Posts
With all the recent wheel scams you guys should know by now viper parts hardly ever come up for sale in the UK, doubt this bloke is even in England as its so easy to registar on ebay under a forgein country name. Headers, wheels, seats, engines... treat them all as a scam, it just doesnt happen over here.

I've only ever seen 1 genuine set of viper wheels for sale in about 6 years over here. Anyone sending $1000 to a guy with zero feedback may as well drop their trousers and touch their toes.

If this guys says in Jersey, he's 'sold' the same set of wheels about 6 times, using a different user name each time, people are getting scammed, so he maybe trying a different product. The last set of 2002 wheels and tires went for $700... his emails read like 3 year old has written them

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, I told him to FO the very first day. These people make me sick. Remember, even if you bid and then decide it was a bad idea, you don't have to follow through with it. Ebay can't make you buy it, just bad feedback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.