Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dave, real nice write up, I knew pieces but never the whole story, thanks!

Jonathan, the only time I met Ron was at viper days Willow, driving that borrowed acr. Looked at Lance's website this am for that event and saw pictures of Ron, Dave Big Brake and Michael Von Q. Not sure if you heard, Michael passed a couple of weeks ago.

Rest in peace all and thanks for the fun times and great memories.

·
RMPL
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
What happened to Michael? I visited his garage Mahal in Pahrump. He was always a pleasant, friendly guy.

Found it. Heart attack skiing. He lived large.

·
Big Dawg
13,041 Posts
I've been MIA for quite a while now and going through my own crazy Life only to see a dear friend is now gone. I'm currently dealing with depression and this does not help as I knew him personally like Dave did. He trained me on the track and he was one of the nicest and most giving people that I have met. I will truly miss you my friend. Rest in peace.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
As a result of Ron's death, I am finding myself once again reflecting on my time here on the Alley.

A lot of good memories and real life friendships that are still ongoing as a result.

Ron was an Alley original that made quite an impression on all who knew him.

I will remember him.

SoCal Rebel is now permanently offline.

The Soup Kitchen is now closed.

:(

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Knowing Ron he is selling jelly dongs in heaven right now! He was a main fixture on the Alley, and he will be missed. I remember when I first joined the Alley, and I thought that he was Ron Jeremy. I asked him that once in a PM, and he told me that he was :D. He messed with me for about 2 weeks about that before he fessed up. He lived quite the life.

Reactions: SaltLifeGirl

·
Whatever
801 Posts
Dave, real nice write up, I knew pieces but never the whole story, thanks!

Jonathan, the only time I met Ron was at viper days Willow, driving that borrowed acr. Looked at Lance's website this am for that event and saw pictures of Ron, Dave Big Brake and Michael Von Q. Not sure if you heard, Michael passed a couple of weeks ago.

Rest in peace all and thanks for the fun times and great memories.
Wow, had no idea about Michael Von Q. What a shame. I raced with him a few years back. Sad to hear.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
R.I.P.

Never met him in real life. For a guy who posted here a lot I cannot remember a single negative interaction with him. Believe it or not, in this crazy internet world that means something to me.

Condolences to his friends and family.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
RIP Ron!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I haven't logged on in a few days and then I see this. What a shock and how incredibly sad. Although I never met Ron, we corresponded many times, via PM, since I've been on VA. He'd ask for military advice for his nephew Ryan and then keep me posted on how he was doing, I told him that I think dogs are better than most people, he'd send Veteran's Day wishes, thank me for my service, etc.. Ron was always a true gentleman to me and as kind as could be. I regret not getting to meet him in person but hope I get the chance in the next life. I know his dogs were waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge and can imagine what a wonderful reunion they're having now. God bless you, my friend. You will be missed by me and many, many others. We will never forget you. RIP

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
RIP Ron....may your casting couch in heaven be comfortable and the babes beautiful.

Unbelievable......

Sad.....Very sad.

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
I searched for an obituary and couldn't find one. Has anyone else been able to locate one? Art have you tried to contact any of his family members that are on facebook?

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
They are not responding to me.
Sadly, family members may be disconnected from the alley part of his life. And might be viewing your inquiry as voyeuristic. Which is obviously not true, but could be the case.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts