Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to know how to handle site advertisers. We dont want to get criticism for motives so IF there is advertising, we are not going to charge. However, allowing one advertiser opens the flood gates for allowing other advertisers. How do we control that? I have no problem with running banners for vendors. But this can be a tricky scenario. Can we say yes to some and no to others? Or do we just keep it simple and keep it to posting (no one advertises)? I think its a good tool to have but how do we be fair about it? We can also allow everyone to advertise, but then certain people are going to get PO'ed because they object. Its a catch 22. We can start a poll.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.viperalley.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1041976622SmokinV10">


What kind of advertising do we allow?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />All Vendors
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Certain Vendors (if you choose this option and it wins, another poll will have to be conducted on determining methodology for accepting EACH vendor and that has problems in itself)
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Screw it, no advertising.
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

Okay guys. This definitely needs to be addressed. What say Ye?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,646 Posts
I say we let them use the Shop forum or create a Tuner forum to advertise their equipment. Banners would cause more problems for the people running the site. I'd rather not see Viperalley.com become a burdon to someone.
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leaf001 said:
I say we let them use the Shop forum or create a Tuner forum to advertise their equipment. Banners would cause more problems for the people running the site. I'd rather not see Viperalley.com become a burdon to someone. <hr /></blockquote>

Leaf,
That was a good idea that is fair and a good idea for now. So that forum was created.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
In the interest of keeping this site "motive free" you may want to charge a fee that applies to a monthly give away to the members of this site. This is what Steve was doing and makes sense to me. All benefit from this, but of course the final say goes to the users here. I like the tuner section for tuners, similar to viperclub.org, but if that is done, then scould we also make a dealer section for dealer cars for sale?
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe we could rename it vendors. For both tuners and all other vendors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

SmokinV10 said:
Maybe we could rename it vendors. For both tuners and all other vendors. <hr /></blockquote>

That's a better idea.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,310 Posts
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

I totally agree with the 'Vendor' section. It should be subject to the same rules as the other sections - and by that I mean if a vendor/tuner posts something that no one wants to see, we can vote to have it removed.

I'd be less inclined to charge them a fee for a monthly prize for us, but rather persuade them to do monthly deals on stuff for ViperAlley folks. Doesn't have to be all the time, but basically a Tuner-sponsored group buy would be great. They already have the supplier relationships.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

Mark Young said:
I totally agree with the 'Vendor' section. It should be subject to the same rules as the other sections - and by that I mean if a vendor/tuner posts something that no one wants to see, we can vote to have it removed.

I'd be less inclined to charge them a fee for a monthly prize for us, but rather persuade them to do monthly deals on stuff for ViperAlley folks. Doesn't have to be all the time, but basically a Tuner-sponsored group buy would be great. They already have the supplier relationships. <hr /></blockquote>

I totally agree on this approach. Have the vendors section freely available for all vendors (separate the vendors from the classifieds) and ask them to support us by running a viper alley special once in a while? Group buys is another great idea, i'm sure the polling system can be used by a vendor to gauge the interest in a group buy.

-Par
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

I think a vendors section is a good idea too. If we aren't going to have banners (never cared for them that much anyway) it might be helpful to have a vendor list that can be viewed so relevant address/phone/email address info can be retrieved easily.

Just a thought.
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: POLLHow do we handle Site Advertisers? Need In

Im going to lock this thread now. Allowing all advertisers to advertise won the poll. We have created the "Vendors Corner" to satisfy this need. All registered vendors will be allowed to advertise their products in this area.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top