Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Should post count be reduced for voting in polls?

• Yes, it should be lowered to 50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it should be lowered to 75

• No, it should remain at 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Should we reduce post count required to vote?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Smokin 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago we raised the post count required to vote in a poll to 100. Although the overwhelming majority wanted this, a formal motion was made to lower it so that more members can participate. Please vote:

#2 ·
Keep in mind, that under current guidelines only people with more than 100 posts will have their vote counted.

Statistics

Of 257 members:

106 members have more than 10 posts
75 members have more than 25 posts
51 members have more than 50 posts
45 members have more than 75 posts
43 members have more than 100 posts

#4 ·
But if the people with more than 100 votes exercice their judgement based on what they think is in the best interest of this website then we will perhaps lower it. I voted for 50 as i think this strikes a good balance between lurking and participation.

We are really voting on what is in the best interest of the viperally and i think that while currently only people with more than 100 votes can actually lower this count, they will clearly see the value in doing so. more impotantly, this is an important lesson to learn for the future that big changes aren't always good and frequent small steps may be better. (am i a philosopher today or what)?

#8 ·
Even though it is a catch 22, we are going to have to go with the methodology that par described above. The motion has been made, but unfortunately this is a peculiar situation in which you may not be able to vote on this policy since a decision was made in the past to increase the voting post requirements to 100. We can not override the decisions of the members. My only advice is to keep on posting. There is hope though, it seems that the members do see that there is a strong need to lower the post count at least for now. Even fooley cant vote now, and hes well liked, around these parts.

#9 ·
SmokinV10 said:
Even though it is a catch 22, we are going to have to go with the methodology that par described above. The motion has been made, but unfortunately this is a peculiar situation in which you may not be able to vote on this policy since a decision was made in the past to increase the voting post requirements to 100. We can not override the decisions of the members. My only advice is to keep on posting. There is hope though, it seems that the members do see that there is a strong need to lower the post count at least for now. Even fooley cant vote now, and hes well liked, around these parts.
That damn Fool should have been keeping up with his posting, now shouldn't he?

#10 ·
SeriousEric said:
SmokinV10 said:
Even though it is a catch 22, we are going to have to go with the methodology that par described above... We can not override the decisions of the members. My only advice is to keep on posting. There is hope though, it seems that the members do see that there is a strong need to lower the post count at least for now. Even fooley cant vote now, and hes well liked, around these parts.
That damn Fool should have been keeping up with his posting, now shouldn't he?
Fooley can't vote, neither can Jamit. What's this world coming to? /images/graemlins/freak3.gif

#15 ·
packetjunkie said:
Statistics

Of 257 members:

43 members have more than 100 posts
And as of now, 17 of 43 (or about 40%) of eligible voters have voted for 50 or more posts. 21% for 75 or more, and 17% for leaving the minimum at 100.

#17 ·
The conundrum, eh? "Lurkers" have just as much "say" in how things are done...or they should....but their post counts are too low. They choose not to post much....is that a measure of how much they contribute? Some have more than 50 posts...but have they actually contributed as much as a person who posts very seldom, but HIGH quality? It is all very subjective, and the bottom line is EVERONE can't be pleased ALL the time. Good effort, but at some point the rules get laid down. Doesn't mean they can't be re-visited, but there has to be a beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.