Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Should members who are the subject of banning polls have posting privs. removed in accordance to the

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were requests being made for immediate suspension of posting privs for a bannee. Since there need to be some safeguards for due process and weeding out trolls, this poll will suggest that members that are the subject of a banning poll may have thier posting privilidges suspended after 10 Votes on the poll has been cast and 66% or greater have favored the banning. The suspension is temporary unless the outcome of the poll favors his/her reinstatement.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Re: POLL: Immediate Suspension on Pollees for bann

Very good issue! I say that's a given and I'm surprised we hadn't discussed this already.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,511 Posts

Off with his head! I am sure the person in question will do everything in his power to go out with doing as much damage as possible.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well this board is new. In the future we can react quickly. So far already 90% are in favor of his banning with 10 replies. He could have been suspended now if this had been polled earlier.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
I'm voting no just because I think this is a tool that could be used against us by a pack of trolls.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric, I can close this poll and restate if you have an amendment that can make this more bullet proof.

·
Enlightened
28,125 Posts

Only Moderators can start new subjects in this forum. (As of now). Members can reply and those with 10 or more votes can repsond to a poll.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts

packetjunkie said:
Only Moderators can start new subjects in this forum. (As of now). Members can reply and those with 10 or more votes can repsond to a poll. <hr /></blockquote>

Add a minimum time limit of a couple hrs as well. That way a pack of trolls can't request a banning poll and then jump it with 10 instant YES replies. Gives the rest of the group a while to see what's going on and respond the other way.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Do we need a new poll for a 2 hour minimum time maturity for this poll? I dont think anyone will object. We alreayd have almost 10 votes cast. Please everyone note that there is an amendment. If this changes your vote. Please let me know so I can lock this POLL and start a new one.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts

SmokinV10 said:
Do we need a new poll for a 2 hour minimum time maturity for this poll? I dont think anyone will object. We alreayd have almost 10 votes cast. Please everyone note that there is an amendment. If this changes your vote. Please let me know so I can lock this POLL and start a new one. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, the 2 hr thing will change my vote from NO to YES.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

so we have 100% in support then so far. Regardless we will subtract one no and add it to the yes side.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts

So, one more yes vote on this poll and another hour on the banning poll and redwuss is outta here.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I agree. This poll is unanimous so far.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts

-RUNNR said:
Poof, make it so. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree. Set his 2 hr clk to Now - Time the banning poll was started. That means he's got about 30 minutes left before suspension.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,511 Posts

yes..bann the guy...he is posting crap all of the place.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts

No.
They should be able to defend themselves if they so chose.
If they do nothing except repeatedly post annoyences then yes.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Red5 said:
No.
If they do nothing except repeatedly post annoyences then yes. <hr /></blockquote>

well this puts things in the hands of the moderators. The reason for the 2 hour rule is so that your friends or "non-trolls" can vote you back into the safe zone. If they werent doing anything but repeatedly posting annoyances, they woudlnt be up for banning to begin with. Thats why only moderators can post banning polls.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts

Red5 said:
No.
If they do nothing except repeatedly post annoyences then yes. <hr /></blockquote>

Perhaps this can be left to the discretion of the mod. If the bannee (is there such a word?) is continuing to exhibit the type of behaviour that caused the members to want to ban him/her in the first place -then the posting privilegies could be revoked at the discretion of the mods. If the member wants to speak their piece and try to influence the outcome of the poll, then they should have the right to do so. I for one don't think it is right to put a gag on the bannee unless they are plain disruptive. I see this as the same as in a court of law; you have the right to defend yourself against your accuser, but if you don't play by the rules the judge have the right to gag you.

Okay, so the mods are both accusers and executors in this model, but they aren't judges -that's what the members are. Allowing mods to temporary gag disruptive behaviour seems resonable, assuming that you trust the mods. Now, you can always vote to remove a mod if you find that they aren't evenhanded and reasonable and apply the rules fairly and equally. To me, this seems like a good compromise. Perhaps you can offer another point of view or suggestion?

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The vote for this poll is in. The overwhelming majority will support a suspension of posting privs after 10 votes have been cast with 66% favoring the banning and the banning poll has been running for 2 hours. This methodology will be used with all future banning polls. Thank you for voting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.