1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice, just a word of advice, I have lost 2 cameras with the autocross view :)

A lot of rocks coming up from the wheels if there are dirt on the street.
But maybe you are like me that consider the cameras disposable as long as you get some good film ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RedGTS said:
Where exactly is that thing mounted Tony, and where can I buy one?

In the first video it was mounted on the door facing forward, on the second video it was right in front of the passenger side hood vent facing rearward. The three suction cup mount really sticks. There was a group purchase on the VCA board when I got mine. You will need a camera that does A/V IN to record from the bullet cam.

http://www.chasecam.com/bulletcam.htm

·
Registered
68 Posts
RedGTS said:
Thanks Tony. Since the cam is analog, does that mean it won't work with a digital camcorder?
They work if you have analogue in, same plugs that you use to hook the camera up to your TV.
I can also recommend autoxcam.com they have a lot of fun stuff if you want to record your driving thats where I got mine (have six of them) :D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RedGTS said:
Thanks Tony. Since the cam is analog, does that mean it won't work with a digital camcorder?
It will work but you have to have that a/v in. I didn't realize it, but the camera I had was only A/V out (not in) so I had to get another camera. No big deal....got the same brand just one model up for $200 off ebay. I will ck out that other web site too. I am going to make a mount to hold the camera at the fron of the passenger seat full time. Then I can easily tape full time if I want to (in cockpit) speedo etc....never know when it might be needed in court.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1TONY1 said:
It will work but you have to have that a/v in. I didn't realize it, but the camera I had was only A/V out (not in) so I had to get another camera. No big deal....got the same brand just one model up for $200 off ebay. I will ck out that other web site too. I am going to make a mount to hold the camera at the fron of the passenger seat full time. Then I can easily tape full time if I want to (in cockpit) speedo etc....never know when it might be needed in court.
You should check out the site I wrote above their speciality is car-mounts. They also have things you hook up for speed and g-forces right in the video.
I still recommend you not using the small remote cameras inside the car when its dayligt it turns out shitty (you can probably try it with the one you have today) the interior looks great but it turns all white outside the car so you cant se shit on the video

·
Registered
920 Posts
used a bullet cam on Nadine's GTS out in the Isle of Man last year, got some great footage with the camera gaffered taped onto the center front of the roof, so you get some of the hood and all of the road, and then turned it around facing backwards. Strapped onto the rear wing, winglet gave a cool shot down the side of the car plus road.

Found it was a better shot when the camera was in widescreen mode

just uploaded a low res version to my pics
http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/20275/cat/500/ppuser/1292

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RedGTS said:
By you or the district attorney? :rofl: I think I might want a one-touch erase button on my camera.
I know a good attorney...........he lives in N.E. Tennessee :nod: so, I ain't skeeeered :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.