Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new client dropped off his 01 Viper GTS and asked us to make a few changes to his car so I decided to quantify a few mods he wanted performed. After removing the unwanted components, the Viper made 436.5rwhp and 482rwtq with smooth tubes and filters, B&B cat-back with off-road pipes, Fidanza flywheel, NGk plugs and MSD wires. We then installed our clients underdrive pulley/belt and made 442.6rwhp and 482.8rwtq. Then we installed T&D 1.7 roller rockers and made 457.88rwhp and 485.3rwtq. We're in the middle of installing Belanger headers, but it's getting late and we'll finish up in the morning. All of the pulls were made @ 190 indicated degrees of coolant temp and we'll do the same when the headers are installed tomorrow. I'll post our findings once the headers are installed. If anyone would like to post this information, feel free to contact us and I'll fax the sheet.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Larry,

Thanks for posting the incremental gains, and especially for posting numbers with a fully-warmed engine. That's the only way to get results that have a repeatable baseline.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Dean! We installed the Belanger Headers and I must say there was a noticeable improvement SOTP all across the power band with these headers installed. Here is how the peak numbers break down:

All runs made @ 190 degrees indicated coolant temp and within 10 degrees of ambient

Dyno Run #5, 84.98 F, 30.15 in, SAE: 0.99 - 436.7rwhp, 482rwtq
B&B Cat-Back with Off Road Pipes, Smooth Tubes and Filters, Aluminum Flywheel

Dyno Run #8, 86.62 F, 30.16 in, SAE: 0.99 - 442.6rwhp, 482.8rwtq
All The Above Plus: Underdrive Pulley and Belt

Dyno Run #10, 77.39 F, 30.17 in, SAE: 0.98 - 457.8rwhp, 485.3rwtq
All The Above Plus: T&D 1.7 Roller Rockers

Dyno Run #12, 76.99 F, 30.20 in, SAE: 0.98 - 471.4rwhp, 497.8rwtq
All The Above Plus: Belanger Tri-Y Headers

Don't forget, these are peak numbers and in no way illustrate the improvements across the whole power band or under the curve. Would anyone be willing to post this dyno sheet? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hey Larry, What under drive pulley set did you use? and would a set of arrow roller rockers have the same power gain as the t&d?

Isaac

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Larry, send me the dyno sheet via email, I'll post it. Thanks for the clear presentation of the #'s!

[email protected]

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Here's the dyno sheet Larry sent me - sorry for the poor quality and delay. I'll leave it up to him to elaborate on each run /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts