Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm where this "inlet hose" is? I am putting the Viper away tomorrow, and in the shop manual it says to insert the end of the PCV hose inlet into 4 oz of "engine top oil" (is this like regular engine oil?). And then wait until heavy smoke puffs out of the end, then turn off the car.

The manual does not pinpoint this hose. Besides the hose coming off the intake plenum for the power booster, I don't see anything. Can someone help me out please?

Thank-you

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerome said:
Why not just buy some Fogging oil and use that instead?

[color:"pink"]Waiting for question......What is fogging oil and how do you use it? [/color] /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
ok, I'll bite. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
It is an aerosol oil (mist) that you spray down the intake, or in this case throttle bodies, as the car is idling at fast idle. The mist will flow into the engine and lightly coat the valves, cyls, pistons, etc and protect them against rust etc. Does the same thing as the old "oil down the plug holes" trick and more. In spring just turn the key and the oil mist will burn off in seconds.

Doing this along with the other basics (fuel stabilizer, fresh oil and filter, etc.) will get you a long way to a safe hibernation.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
I agree, only for 6+ months of storage do we need to even think about that stuff. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts