Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NA motor.

the west coast viper PCM reprogram seems to be a good upgrade
the Roe racing VEC2 seems to be a good upgrade

Million dollar question...how well would these two work together on a NA viper

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
You shouldn't need both I wouldn't think. They each do the same thing, except one flashes the computer's fuel map, the other "tweaks" the fuel map on its way from the computer. At least thats the general gist.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Moj:
Do yourself a favor and call Sean. He'll be the first and best to explain the benefits of each system and he won't "sell" you.

·
Registered
582 Posts
One thing Westcoast is apparently doing is killing the factory adaptives, and I asked Sean the other day whether that was worthwhile with the VEC2, and he said that with the latest software upgrades they have the VEC2 working in concert with the adaptives so that the car will still run well when the temperature/humidity changes. So it sounds like the PCM hack Westcoast is doing would not make sense with a VEC2 to me.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Go with Sean Roe and the VEC2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mojo - What west coast is doing is fine. In fact, I have the upgraded/reprogrammed computer on my car. I should be able to tell you in a few days how much power we added - I can tell you this now, the car is smoother and more powerful with the upgrade.

Regards,

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Mojo -

I would say that AEM has the greatest potential for tuning but its the newest and most expensive. Vec will do a good job for making power and is affordable. Sending your pcm cross country is rolling the dice - you dont know what you get, you have no control and its a 1 shot at a time deal.

I vote for vec 2 and they trade up to aem later on possibly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mojo - Ignore John' reply! He is on crack! /images/graemlins/moon3

:smooch:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Martin, glad to see you over here; hope you stick around!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey clint,

I have been lurking here for months. I figured it was about time I got my head out of my ass and started posting.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Hey MD - I will guess that your application is unique and would benefit from a higher idle rpm along with some fuel trim. PCM reflashing can work and make power, but its almost like throwing darts at the wall blindfolded. For best results you need the car and the tuning resources all together at the dyno at the same time. Let us know what your Venom 700R makes on the dyno after you re-test!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts