Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My new cam is going to be on the lumpy side :wink: Has anyone done the PCM/ECM reprogram. I'd like some feed back. I want to hear the good and bad. West Coast Viper does the mod for $495.

I am looking at getting the fallowing:

Delete Cags (skip-shift)
Delete rear 02 errors
Change Fan On/Off temps
Add/Subract timing
Add/Subtract fuel
Evap DTC Delete <---what is this ?????

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Fallowing. Gawd, I crack myself up.

Listen, RE:, the ECM mods: if you're doing a custom burn, then no one can really tell how your car will respond to it unless they've done the same burn. I have no experience with WCV and can give no feedback.

I will say that if you're using the Mopar Performance Parts ECU, there's some things that you should have on your car before you swap because it will acutally hamper your car's performance rather than improve it.

Everything on that list is an improvement, depending on your tune (add/subtract fuel/air). The EVAP DTC delete is the Evaporative Emission Diagnostic Trouble Code delete; I'm assuming it has something to do with removal of the cats and quelling a code you may throw as a result.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
i wont step on spray's sale but if someone needs another one after he sells his. i got a 98 for the same price.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spray, that's a great offer! But I think I'll pass...for now. I want to get this thing to the dyno before I go with a VecII/Split sec or Reprogram ECU.

I should be at the dyno on July 4th. :D

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Greg Good Cylinder Heads said:
Tanked, I found out the cam specs today, and you're not going to have an idle problem with it. It's big enough to be heard in the exhaust, but not enough to cause a low vacuum issue.

Greg,

Thanks for getting that info for me. Your the best :thumb: Thanks.

That cam sounds perfect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.