Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
lawnman said:
Do the new PAxtons have a whine to them at idle? Is there any way to make them whine?

Generally rotating objects in contact with other objects have a whine, whether audible to the human ear or not. Likewise objects that move up and down, perpendicular to another object, have a "clanking" sound. So to answer your question, yes, though most people prefer not to hear the whine instead of making it louder. If it's a loud whine you want a cog pulley set up is what you'll want.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Mine does have a whine but, my car cams so hard you mostly hear that. Sounds like it's chopping trees. :rofl: I'd go with the paxton or roe. With the paxton make sure the tuning is done properly. Also, when you get bored with the power have a tuner do a fuel system and you can run 15-16 lbs. of boost with the paxton setup. With a paxton and a fuel system you can get 800-900rwhp without spending a lot of money. With the roe you can add the water/meth. injection and a small shot of NOS and be in the same league. You won't hear the Roe at idle, nor will you hear it at throttle but bystanders will certainly notice.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
With you having a stock forged piston car you should hear it a little more. Don't know about the cog.

Jim has heard my car maybe he can explain how it sounded.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've always loved the noise the Vortech's make. The whine on the vortech is a bit louder than the Paxton I believe. I have a Vortech S-Trim on my Mustang and it is loud at idle and on the throttle. Not to take anything away from the Novi's. Both great superchargers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
lawnman said:
Are the Vortechs harder to tune and manage than the PAxtons and Roe's?
Should be the same, the roe's are a lot easier to install, but personally I'd go with a Vortech or Paxton. You can turn up the boost on them a little more if you need to in the future.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
lawnman said:
Do the paxtons come with new fuel pumps and lines if bought brand new?
I don't remember.. My fuel system was custom built by UGR. I never even seen the stock paxton package. Go to there website and see what come with the kit.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
A cog drive will not add any supercharger gear whine at all. IT will add a little bit of noise though.

A cog drive is used to eliminate belt slippage and boost loss in higher PSI applications.

·
Registered
19,181 Posts
I used a custom fuel system also , the whine is there , but not very loud. Anybody want a Paxton kit fuel system? I will sell it cheap....

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
lawnman said:
Will the paxton be louder than the Roe?

The Roe is really not heard unless the Viper is almost driving direcly to you ..... but then the sound is awesome ...it sounds like a jet fighter.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dyno Daddy I heard your car before when it did have a cog and it whined its ass off! and sounded it very good as the car was driven or parked at idle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.