Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paxton has announced a june special on all Blowers. If I get 2 orders or more their will be a special price along with Free shipping

Call for more Details.

519 763 8473

Thanks

Mike Adams

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Will the kit work with the Mopar Performance PCM that is on my 97 GTS?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not say for sure. I have never used it with a mopar computer. I know Sean Roes set up did not like mopar computers

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Mike Adams said:
I know Sean Roes set up did not like mopar computers
They do require a VEC2 at the very least, but in all Roe installations the Mopar ECU is present and functional.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With out knowing how the Mopar is tuned, it was hard to figure out the right program. The paxton should work as long as it does not add too much timing.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry I wouldn't touch one for free with all the bad publicity recently. Not as a DIY anyway. If there was a shop in the Detroit area that had worked out the bugs in it, I might. But it sounds like you're on your own with Paxton's customer support being almost nil. /images/graemlins/nono

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True it is not a simple DIY. They recommend you have mechanical experience. The instructions are available online at www.paxtonauto.com. IF you follow all the instructions we have not issues. The last instructions being very important. The double check. That has been the issue. I will install it on a car from detroit no problem. I am running my car close to 900 hp without any return line.

I am picking up a car today and installing a Roe Blower from Michigan. As of now you can make more hp with mods to a Paxton set up than a Roe. The Roe is much easier to install by far. But is currently more limited to hp numbers. The questions still comes how much HP do you need for the street ? DIY roe is much easier by far.

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
FE - so you wouldn't buy a supercharger because of customer service...? /images/graemlins/freak

Why not drop $700 and have a tuner that has installed them before put it in...??????

"not if it was free" again - /images/graemlins/freak

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Confrontational said:
FE - so you wouldn't buy a supercharger because of customer service...? /images/graemlins/freak

Why not drop $700 and have a tuner that has installed them before put it in...??????

"not if it was free" again - /images/graemlins/freak

Right, that's what I said. I don't need the aggravation. Glad you thought it was funny...

It's been fairly well established you're on your own with the Paxton kit. Add to that the fact that it's made for a stock car and any mods added later will call for a lot of additional stuff that needs to be installed by a competent tuner.

With no tuners in MI that's a long walk if things are bad. Heffner or maybe Tator would be the closest and they're like 700 miles away.

I can agree there's more potential from the Paxton unit, and that's the shame of it. No one around to take the guesswork out of it.

Mike I know you've installed more than few of them. But if I did need assistance you're 360 miles away, and in another country. US-Canada border crossings are routine enough of course, but you just never know when they might want start pulling seats out or something as I go over.

I did appreciate the deal on the headers, but I gotta tell ya, there were more than one email/pm from me to you back then that went unanswered. I just need a closer relationship with someone doing $10K or more worth of work on my car.

That doesn't mean you're a bad guy Mike. It's not you; it's me, as they say.

Which means that I'm going to have reservations about any tuner who doesn't seem very interested in the work, a new customer, and takes time to respond. After living overseas for about 3 years, I've also come to appreciate the fact that more than just the speed limit signs can be different when you cross borders.

The natural feeling is if communication is sparse from a tuner when I'm leaning in his direction before the work, how often is he going to respond afterwards?

Maybe you were busy, or..who knows? I just thought the communication just wasn't happening well enough for me to consider handing my car over someday.

I don't need a s/c to be DIY, but with the lack of tuners near enough by I'll just wait for another time. Or place.

I still wouldn't take it for free given the potential complications vs the gain. My often mentioned gripe about the Paxton replacement crossbrace stands . It still isn't right, and I don't want that link set up on my car. Dan Cragin's recent post showed an additional brace running down towards the center of the car from the Paxton brace, but you couldn't see much of it and he's the only one reinforcing it. For starters I'd add another rod end to each side of the Paxton brace (forming a horizontal Y at each end) below the one that's there and bolt it into the Paxton vertical strut below the upper Paxton rod end on each side. Simple enough, and there's room to do it. The each end is triangulated.

Mike, congrats on your Detroit install, and more power to you /images/graemlins/smiles

.. BTW, it's my car, if someone doesn't like the precautions I take with it, I really don't care. I don't want spend $10K or more on a car that runs just fine to end up with iffy fuel delivery, a flexy front end, and no customer support from Paxton.

Not for free. Not for all the farms in Cuba... (Bob Dylan lyric) if Paxton called and wanted to put it on for free as the kit is set up now, I'd decline. Thanks, but no thanks.

The only positive Paxton kit (not the tuner kit) installs I remember seeing have been from Cragin or Mike. Just not enough of them done yet for me.

The longer I wait, the better the choices get... I'm in no hurry.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
I spoke with my tuner today and will be calling Mike tomorrow. He,(Mike Adams) gave me a Hell of a deal on B&B products a few months ago with no problems. If my car was a creme puff like FE065's I might not want to add too much HP as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mike,

I dont want to get into this, but we both know I followed the directions to a T, and I still ended up with a lean A/F ratio. I have much faith in your ability to tune these cars, and set them up correctly, after doing a number of the installs. However, a DIY'er isnt going to have 3 to 4 OTHER installs to reference, he gets one shot, and the kit is really shitty, at helping you get it right the first time. I dont want to hurt your business, and I want you to sell as many as these as you can for your sake. But I hate paxton, and I hate the product.

Jon

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
Mike,

I dont want to get into this, but we both know I followed the directions to a T, and I still ended up with a lean A/F ratio. I have much faith in your ability to tune these cars, and set them up correctly, after doing a number of the installs. However, a DIY'er isnt going to have 3 to 4 OTHER installs to reference, he gets one shot, and the kit is really shitty, at helping you get it right the first time. I dont want to hurt your business, and I want you to sell as many as these as you can for your sake. But I hate paxton, and I hate the product.

Jon
Was your car damaged because of the lean A/F , or did you find out on the dyno before any damage was done?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why is this guy not responding to this criticism? Maybe he is out... Who knows , but I would definitely be interested in a gen 3.If these work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mike Adams is a very busy man, he runs Crown Auto in Canada, so de doesnt have lots of time to monitor the boards. And I cant say I am giving him any criticism. I know of no better person to buy Viper parts from then Mike Adams. If Mike and I are divided on what constitutes a good kit, then so be it. But if your going to buy the kit, I highly recommend Mike for the job !!

Jon

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
Or pay $700 and have Archer, or some tuner, pick it up with one of their semi trailers... My RT was almost to Michigan when it was borrowed last fall - so I know the price well from Archer /images/graemlins/bigsmile

Anyways, I can understand your statements - and I'll hold the other comments that I was going to type... /images/graemlins/toothy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts