Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,286 Posts
The competition clearly favors ricer cars - in fact a modified STI WRX or Evo should have won - but I don't think any entered.... Paul Mumford won the previous year INSPITE of the disadvantages against him by the rules - he was just such a brilliant driver he beat them at their own game.

You are never going to get a car with 345 rear tires and under 3" of suspension travel to win awards for comfort and refinement.

Added to that Paolo had major problems with heat in the road course - and could not put any power into the lap as the gauge was on the red..... then in the drag strip - there was no traction, so he might as well have taken his blower belt off - he could have run better times without it. Everyone may have been in the same boat - but that kind of thing affects the big power cars a lot worse.

I'm sure Paolo will have his own observations when he sees this :nod: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Registered
7,286 Posts
ryan0 said:
Torquemonster said:
You are never going to get a car with 345 rear tires and under 3" of suspension travel to win awards for comfort and refinement.
yeah.. im sure that could never happen.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/uscc/0303scc_uscc004/

woops.
You know Ryan - after I posted that I thought to myself - what a load of crap - I rode in then drove Vics Viper over a mountain pass and it was as tight and nice to drive as any sports car I've been in.... somebody kick me /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Did you see the mag comment on the WRX though as having "no suspension travel" and they bottomed that car out..... far out - I don't know what the heck the owner did to destroy the factory suspension - or whether the USA cars are different - but I can tell you that would be the last thing you could ever say about the WRX's I've been around - I regularly could jump my Subaru, and it would corner on bumpy corners at speeds that would send fat tired cars off the road..... that car in the shootout must have had some clown completely cock up what Subaru spent millions ot get right.... call them a ricer, call them anything you like - but lack of suspension is the last thing you could make stick on the rally based road cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.