Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A piece of Viper history for sale...

Comp. Coupe #9. This is the late Paul Mumford's CC. This is the first time offered for sale in ten years. This car placed 3rd at Road America and 1st at Laguna Seca in the 2003 Speed World Challenge Series. Winning over factory BMW, Audi and Porsche teams with Erik Messley as crew chief. This car is in the exact condition as raced in Laguna with only 25 hours total run time on the data logger. This rare piece of Dodge Viper racing history is the first CC to win a pro race with the iconic Paul Mumford driving.

2003 Dodge Viper for Sale in RALEIGH, NC | RacingJunk Classifieds

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
a club needs to buy this car and raffle it off. a big money maker for sure.

·
Super Moderator
27,580 Posts
F raffle, it needs to be kept and used. Irony is that it is hitting the market now. With the way PMUM and Ron were, I wonder if they both are looking down at this

·
Registered
230 Posts
A piece of Viper history for sale...

Comp. Coupe #9. This is the late Paul Mumford's CC. This is the first time offered for sale in ten years. This car placed 3rd at Road America and 1st at Laguna Seca in the 2003 Speed World Challenge Series. Winning over factory BMW, Audi and Porsche teams with Erik Messley as crew chief. This car is in the exact condition as raced in Laguna with only 25 hours total run time on the data logger. This rare piece of Dodge Viper racing history is the first CC to win a pro race with the iconic Paul Mumford driving.

2003 Dodge Viper for Sale in RALEIGH, NC | RacingJunk Classifieds
At one of my first track days with my first Gen II when I was 21 I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a very nice guy and one hell of a racer! He had no clue who I was but I certainly aspired to be that great someday, back then I wished to be that great of a driver. But now I think after reading this article again after so long that I should have paid more attention to the man he was not just his driving.

I saved this article from when he passed it, was posted on the VCA site. R.I.P. Paul!

Paul MumfordÂ* 1971

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for that link, It filled in some blank spaces for me since I didn't come in to the Viper scene until 3 years later and heard about him on the forums then and later (but not so much detail.)
No problem, I saved it back then because the way it spoke of him from what I heard and knew it was completely accurate. A very rare type of person! No telling where his career would had landed him! But maybe there was another calling for him somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts