Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Part II CONTEMPLATING AN ITALIAN FRIEND

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  E-Slab 
#1 ·
I wanted to throw a wrench into the discussion. Recently I have been thinking about getting a Murcielago too, but I read the recent Robb Report and they did a little thing on the new Gallardo. Its the entry level Lambo with a smaller price tag but the article made it sound like it would be a better car than the higher priced Murcielago.

FYI Gallardo is 5.0 V10 500HP and the Murcielago is a 6.2 V12 580HP

There are already 3 Murcs (black, yellow, red) in my neighborhood and one more is possibly on the way. So do I wait for the Gallardo? Only thing I dont like about it is that it has traditional doors and the back might take a bit of getting used to The dealer told me there will be 400 US cars in 2004, and their waiting list is full. At this point I have to go on a waiting list for the waiting list. Good news for those on the list is that they are supposed to get them at MSRP which is 160k (Murcs are going for 283k at the dealership).

Most people think I should go for a 360, but I think the 360 vs Murc is like Vette vs Viper. Besides do I want to buy a Ferrari that has less HP than my Viper??

Anyone have any experience leasing a true exotic? Is it better to purchase and sell within a year or two versus lease?

See less See more
#3 ·
FUSCUCLA1, I was driving just outside of Tampa, Florida, and to my disbelief was a gallardo, right next to me. It definately did not look like a 160k car IMO. I spoke to friend and he told me that it was one of the few test cars in the US. I would strongly suggest driving one and really looking at the car in real life before making a purchase. To me the 360 is better value and is a much nicer car inside and out, even if it doesnt have the 500 odd horsepower.

#5 ·
i put a deposit down for the Gallardo last week actually. Lambo of Dallas is having a grand opening September 1st (around there at least), and they will have 2 gallardos. my name is on the list, and i will receive my car next september they said.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.