Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff, a picture of your car is in the National Dragster. It's from the night you raced Mike and Evan Smith was there. Evan wrote the article. It's on page 74 in Racing Technology section.

Oh, btw, check out the thread on corvetteforum.com
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=847107

Who redlighted worse? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Paul

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Paul,

I saw the article(pretty cool).

I'm a little suprised Mike is talking like he beat me. Here is a copy of the time slip that night, showing how much he Red-lighted me.

I'll post it on the Corvetteforum now. web page

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's why I brought this to your attention. I have no clue why he's saying that. Yeah, he crossed the stripe first but he left on the first amber /images/graemlins/laughing.gif You should set the record straight. Mike's generally a nice guy but I don't know where this is coming from.

Dude, don't even ask me about my car any more. I'm so fucking frustrated I can't stand it any more. Now I'm supposed to have it back the 2nd week of July. That leaves me a whole week to learn to drive a new 850 hp car before I leave for the Z06 Fest on July 21st. Either I'm going to make an ass out of myself running 11s in a car that that should run 9s because I can't get traction or I'm going to tag the fucking wall and kill myself. I'd almost prefer the latter and put myself out of my misery. Thank God the Viper is holding me over while the Z is away. It's been 7 months!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's at Bowling Green, KY. It's 3 days of racing, Corvette plant & museum tours, seminars, tour to a distillery (smart move - 200 guys getting drunk and driving back together to Bowling Green in Z06s), etc.

I'll let you know if I get a chance to dial the car in before I leave. I'm planning to go to the Vette vs Viper shootout the weekend after I get back from KY. It's at MIR (Maryland) on July 31st. You interested? Would be nice if you could go. I hear not too many Vipers show up. Represent, bro! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif I wish I had a stacker trailer. I'd run the Viper in pure street and the Z in the "anything goes" category. There are a few loud mouths with stock or near-stock Z06s that I'd love to spank.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Anyone notice how that thread on the corvette forum stopped dead in its tracks after Jeff posted the timeslip? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff, check out this site: http://nsca-racing.com/supercar.htm

It gives details and the season schedule. The only race left that I'd be interested in going to is the one on July 31st at MIR. Let me know if you're interested. I'm sure you could beat up on most people. Like I said, there aren't many Vipers showing up to this event even though this is supposed to be a Vette vs Viper shootout. I think the fastest Z there was Major Spray. He runs low to mid 9s. I think his best time right now is a 9.39. I'll definitely go as long as I come back from KY with the Z in running condition. I have a funny feeling the drivetrain is not going to hold up. We haven't done much of anything to beef it up. Just hardened half shaft and 300M main output shaft and Exedy dual disc clutch.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hey Paul,

Major spray and I have been going back and fourth on the board. Without an automatic, I have no chance. If he had a 6 speed it would be a different story.Do you know what he runs consistently ?

Would love to come out and play with you guys. Are they enforcing NHRA rules at MIR ? If so, I' out.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
P.S.

Why has no one on the Corvette forum brought up the race anymore ?

Can you please chime in about it. I can't believe he was talking about leaving on me like that.

Did you see his red light by days ?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
twinvipers said:
P.S.

Why has no one on the Corvette forum brought up the race anymore ?

Can you please chime in about it. I can't believe he was talking about leaving on me like that.

Did you see his red light by days ?
lol. That thread is over. Mike was caught in a blatent lie and he won't respond any more. I don't know why he said what he said considering he knew you read the forum.

I'm trying to figure out how tough they are at MIR tech. MIR is an IHRA track so you need a roll cage only if you run 9.49 or faster, I believe. Anything above that you need a roll bar only.

Oh, Paul is working on a new motor that he's hoping will get him into 8s. I don't know what he runs consistently but he's in mid 9s quite often.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No clue. I didn't go to e-town. Couldn't have been that great since I didn't see 900 posts on corvetteforum.com congratulating him and thanking Vette Drs and Jesus and fans and the Academy and the OBGYN and blah blah blah blah blah. It's fucking sad and painful reading that forum sometimes.

Best time for a 6-speed C5 is around 9.45 @ about 150 mph. It's a large cube LPE twin turbo car. Ain't easy for a 6-speed C5 to get to a number like that without going through a dozen trannies. What's amazing is that this dude ran only 6/100 of a second slower than Paul Major (A4 tranny).

You're going to have a tough time (if at all) beating Paul Major with your 6-speed. I'd like to see you guys line up though. Would be a cool race to watch.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey guys, Paul ran mid 9s again this past weekend. Here are the results from our heads-up racing
http://www.corvettechallenge.info/2004pro8-2.php

If you are looking for a 6 speed low 10 high 9-second car, you will see Bill Maloney on that list of qualified cars and has been running it (fully NHRA legal I might add) all year. He did suffer a little set back and may not have his car for a while again.

Here is the post congratulating the winner on the forum
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=850746

Would love to see any Viper at the MIR race, especially those stock quick ones that would be running in my class (11.50) just so we can get a decent payout.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts