Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 viper with only 4500 miles on it. Never had a problem in entire time I owned it. Suddenly check engine light is on and code P2610 shows up. (Ecm/pcm internal engine off timer performance). It was not recommended that I run the engine until this is addressed. Does anyone know what the fix is and can I DIY?
Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Telephony Font

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Hard to believe a ground/ECM/PCM with low miles, but it's possible. Clear the code, cycle the key 5x ,and then see if it returns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is hard to believe. I suspect it was swamped out and exchanged for the current one during the last and only service appointment the car had. The whole service appointment lasted a month for a tire change and radiator flush. I had to show up and demand to get the car back unexpectedly. when I saw it was done and they tried to get me to leave it there another day. Not to mention all the hush hush private back room meetings they had while I was waiting to pick the car up. Is there a way to verify the vin number on the pcm without pulling ot out?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Is there a way to verify the vin number on the pcm without pulling ot out?
My scan tool will show the VIN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts