Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else in the south knows what the average coolant temp is for the car? Mine seems to be running hot, usually 200 and sometimes more if idling or stop and go around town (gets upwards of 225ish at some points). Once the high temp light came on in some stop and go highway traffic (w/ A/C on and it went out once I got moving again).

I had the radiator cap replaced and the fans worked when checked by a tech so I don't know if it's something easily diagnosed or if there is even a problem. Whatever, thanks for any help.

· Premium Member
20,183 Posts
It is not uncommon to see those temps. In AL, we get the same heat, but the humidity sucks the most /images/graemlins/sad, Two options I have gone with are a 180 degree thermo, and an aluminum radiator. Typical temps are between 190-220 when the fan is not running, but if it kicks on, temps come down to the 190 range.

· Premium Member
20,183 Posts
I can get you an aluminum radiator for a lot less ($475 plus shipping). Not a Be Cool :thumb:

· Registered
523 Posts
You could be getting some air in the system so do a few easy things. Radiator cap already done-good, clamp the hose going from surrogate tank to front facia tank in 3 places where the tube goes from metal to rubber, burp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.