Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In stock trim the H2 made 176rwhp and 240rwtq and was quite a pig to say the least. Now in it's current state the thing is an absolute beast and is quite fun to drive thanks to a S/C, Headers, stock catalyst, Cat-back and Airaid Induction. On our dyno the beast zips to 120mph in the blink of an eye whereas before the upgrades it seemed like eternity to reach 100mph.

One aspect that I'd like to point out was the stock A/F ratio was 14.5:1 and I thought I was seeing things until I spoke to someone in the know and found out this is commonplace. Obviously that wouldn't fly given the current upgrades and the A/F ratio is cool 11:1

I think the most fun was watching the owner doing burnouts and flying up and down our parking lot with a huge smile on his face. Congrats Mr. Smith!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Awesome!! :thumb: Where are the pics and video clips!!???

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Thor! We'll have some PICS up on our website soon and the video clips are a great idea, although we didn't take any video. I may put her back on the dyno once she has some learned miles on the computer which should yield a few mor HP and TQ. We'll do some video then since she takes up our whole dyno.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Nohsreg2000,

Drop us a line and we'll set you up with the parts and tuning. Believe me, you'll never look back. We're about to upgrade a few Escalade's and a couple more H2's with this package. It's unreal how fun an 8500 Lb vehicle can actually be once the upgrades are complete. I believe we're going to run it at our local dragstrip this week and I'll post the numbers.

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Hello Nohsreg2000,

Drop us a line and we'll set you up with the parts and tuning. Believe me, you'll never look back. We're about to upgrade a few Escalade's and a couple more H2's with this package. It's unreal how fun an 8500 Lb vehicle can actually be once the upgrades are complete. I believe we're going to run it at our local dragstrip this week and I'll post the numbers.
Thanks. I don't have one(I am more of a Sedan/sports car man)but I am about to get the wife a new SUV. She wants tha Land Rover Discovery. I have tried to get her to look at Escalades and H2's. I would not mind an H2 for myself But I just bought a new Caddy.

I look forward to the drag times. It might be some good ammunition to throw at the Wife.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Larry, the H2 is rated at 316hp/360ftlbs, so what the heck is up with that driveline loss? Surely it didn't lose almost half its hp in the driveline did it? :screwy:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
MacedoMS said:
I guess while we're at it I'll do some video of our Hemi Ram since we're about to begin upgrades for those as well.
A Hemi huh?

Here's mine from the '03 SEMA show:

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/152807.jpg[/image]

What are you're plans? Most of the items out there right now were designed and prototyped by us, I can lend a hand on any questions if you like. :nod:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
nohsreg2000 said:
Nice numbers. I like the H2 but it is a bit of a Dog. Those Numbers would ,make it a lot more livable.
Larry email me with a price for the S/C package on the Escalade I'm thinking of getting one for the wife.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RedGTS,
I confirmed the stock rwhp and rwtq numbers with a couple other shops up north and they fell right in line with what they found. Pretty dang pathetic which is why it's such a pig to drive stock. One other thing to note, the H2 is speed limited to 100mph, whereas the new tuning is good for 120mph and the H2 continued to make HP right up to the governed speed.

Lucifer,
We have a heads/cam package we're waiting to release wich will be tested on our truck, we just need a way to tune her and we're working on that now. Additionally, Paxton just called last week to let us know they have the tuning finalized for their kit and it will be releasing in a few weeks.

We're looking at turbo charging this truck as well, so stay tuned.

PS That is one HOTT looking truck you have, Lucifer!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Larry,

I have Predator just down the road from where I live. I have yet to visit them, but I believe they sell (myabe install?) a S/C for the H2. How does your kit differ from theirs, if at all?

Next, I will be using my H2 to tow my Viper to various events. Will S/C'ing it impact it's ability to tow in any way? If not, I would love to S/C my H2.

Manny

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Lucifer,
We have a heads/cam package we're waiting to release wich will be tested on our truck, we just need a way to tune her and we're working on that now. Additionally, Paxton just called last week to let us know they have the tuning finalized for their kit and it will be releasing in a few weeks.

We're looking at turbo charging this truck as well, so stay tuned.

PS That is one HOTT looking truck you have, Lucifer!
Thanks for the complement. :nod:

There has already been a turbo/intercooled Hemi built by Terry Delong of Profinish-Proglass. He just pulled the crap PCM and replaced it with a F.A.S.T. system. I'll be at his shop this week with our Hemi for some fresh paint before the Truckin' and Sport Truck photo shoots so I'll grab you some pics of his set up. We're also sending the truck out to ATI for their blower/intercooler prototypes. Paxton was at SEMA as well but I wasn't that impressed.

Another pic taken on the way home from Vegas:

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/152804-med.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Manny,

We're taking the "BEAST" to the local dragstrip tomorrow evening and we hope to lay down a really good number. We picked the upgrades we performed on this particular H2 based on the owners preferences which just happen to be boating. I would suggest a Roots or a positive displacement based on the criteria given. If memory serves me correctly, we came in under 1K of Lingenfelters price and that included dyno testing and tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
What's Lingenfelters price?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts