Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not finding any gauge mounting options for the Gen3 for my 2005. No a-pillar mounts can be found. Found a few Steering column mounts but they appear to be for Gen2 or the SRT Ram....wth??? I just need to mount a boost gauge and I do not want to tear up the trim trying to glue or screw some generic one on.
Any ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I removed my Voltage gauge and installed a boost gauge. Wasn't too hard to do. Just had to cut off the bottom of the circuit board and cut out the right shape in the white plastic mount. I used a dremel to do it. Makes a bit of a mess. That autometer Phantom gauge was the closest one I could find that would resemble the factory gauges. Most people wouldn't be able to tell it's not factory. See photos

Wood Tool Font Auto part Machine
Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Wood Hand tool Tool
Light Scale Audio equipment Wood Gauge
White Gauge Clock Motor vehicle Watch
Plant Musical instrument Nail Wrist Thigh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that looks great, great job! I did purchase a used a-pillar trim piece I received today, waiting for a generic universal 2-gauge pods for the a-pillar to arrive that screws or glues on, will see if I can trim it down to just a single gauge by cutting off the bottom one and then taking a heat gun to it to mold it some to fit around our a-pillar and then use some plastic bonding super glue to glue it down...so stay tuned to see if that works...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts