Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would it make an SRT look better or not? I like it as It reminds me more of gen 1 but wanted to find out what others think. If Toby or anyone else can do a better photo shop feel free to jump in.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Jay H said:
If Toby or anyone else can do a better photo shop feel free to jump in.
Tony has been popping out some pretty mean photoshop recently. He should do it. :rofl:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
makara said:
Jay H said:
If Toby or anyone else can do a better photo shop feel free to jump in.
Tony has been popping out some pretty mean photoshop recently. He should do it. :rofl:
I will see what I can do tomorrow if I have time.

signed,

Toby

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Toby and If you can show a front view somehow that would be cool! Makara what did you think roll bar or not? Same to you Toby?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
just replace it with a 96-02 GTS and that would be great.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Sport bar. They removed it on the SRT for the pussies that complained of the RT/10 not being a "true" convertible. Having it didn't seem to hurt RT/10 sales any.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
just replace it with a 96-02 GTS and that would be great.
:rofl:

A relentless keeper of the Core Values strikes.
Admit it, deep down you love the mighty Stratamaro!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
The prime example of why the SRT is a design abortion:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
I agree, the GTS's are by far the best looking vipers. So does anyone really understand why the R/T's had that ugly rear butt. I would love to see someone make a GTS into a targa top........hummm

TOBY, Although I've never met you and don't really know you, could you photo shop your ACR [I have one just like yours /images/graemlins/smiles] as a targa top. I'm wondering what it would look like. The long slope of the rear of the gts with no top...I think that might look nice. Please pm me.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I think the back of the RT/10 was a situation where they'd put a ton of effort into the defining characteristics of the Viper -- the long clamshell hood, the side profile, the low & wide stance, etc -- and finishing up the rear end was an afterthought, which was corrected with the GTS.

Somewhere at home I have some drawings I found online where somebody tried to adapt the GTS rear end to an RT/10. It's more tricky than you'd expect, but the result is nice. Too bad the Gen II is dead, that's a change that I'd welcome far more than the Corolla-san's Stratamaro.

But I'll say this for the RT/10 ass -- at least it has a shape. That giant ugly Corvette rear end (thankfully we rarely see the back of a Vette) demonstrates that things could be much, much worse.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
The RT/10 back end does look stupid. But an RT/10 back end with an autoform rear spoiler looks far better than a GTS rear end IMO.

Manny

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
You buncha nitpickers. There's nothing wrong with the RT/10 ass. It's distinct and fits it perfectly. The GTS ass fits the GTS perfectly. You wouldn't want them both to look the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts