Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you running nitrous, which system is the best and why? I realize this is OPINION but any feedback is good. :thumb: thanks

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
I like my juice dry, but most like the BTR or some other wet type kit. Call Larry Macedo(407-246-6511), he has a setup that is trick :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
i have no opinion yet as the setup im currently using has yet to reach its fullest potential in my use. the previously mentioned setups are tried and true. i am always going off the beaten path to try something new though.

www.racetested.com

denny is a good guy but im having my doubts about the system producing what the site and the reps claim it to produce. good thing it has a moneyback guarantee so it makes it worth the while to try it IMO. defintely a very simplistic setup and a neat/clean looking install. solenoids are top of line as well, with a lifetime warranty

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
i run the nitrous express kit for my car. it has all the bells and whistles with it. do no think you can just by the kit and be done. the car in my oppinion needs the genx2 kit with it which includes the purge valve, bottle heater and blow down tube. these are essential pieces. also the kit comes with a micro switch that is absolute garbage shit. i replaced this for a ZEP wide open throttle position sensor switch. it activates the nitrous electronically everytime you floor the gas. provided the system is armed. lately i have been pondering adding btr's propane add-on kit. esspecially after i hear you can get cooler looking non-bar-b-que style tanks to hold the propane kit. my system now is jetted 150 shot and i can tell you it is getting everybit if this horsepower. 130 mph in the quater on radials dont lie. i could jet it to 200 but on street tires it wouldnt make sence. the car makes somewhere near 600 ponies now and 700 torque, but with the btr add-on kit the propane enrichment rather than taxing the factory fuel would easily yield another 60-80 rear wheel and 100 or so torque. now thats serious power. all this for a mere 2220 or so. provided you do the install like i did. d you homework and when ready i would be happy to talk you through any questions you may have but rest assured your motor can eat 150-200 shot nitrous all the time NO PROBLEM just get the car dyno'd to make sure air fuel is rich on the juice 10.5-11.0 is cool on the juice. i put an apexi afc controller in my car to richen up the mix on the nos and lean it out on the street when the system is in sleep mode.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i have no opinion yet as the setup im currently using has yet to reach its fullest potential in my use. the previously mentioned setups are tried and true. i am always going off the beaten path to try something new though.

www.racetested.com

denny is a good guy but im having my doubts about the system producing what the site and the reps claim it to produce. good thing it has a moneyback guarantee so it makes it worth the while to try it IMO. defintely a very simplistic setup and a neat/clean looking install. solenoids are top of line as well, with a lifetime warranty
I alllllmost used their solenoids, in fact, I bought them, but they seemed too small to flow what I wanted them to, so I sent them back. Who knows, they might be great!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Looking at TNT aka Nitrous Works. Their kit is the same price as NX, but comes with the blow down tube, all stainless steel fitting, preassembled fittings which require sealant so I don't screw it up and they have an optional plate that goes behind the throttle body for the fogger nozzles so one doesn't have to tap into the smooth tubes.

Supposed to make the advertised power, but who knows. Sounds good on the surface and I think it is popular with the vette guys.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
ps - Norm ,where have you been. Mr. Haynes said he hasn't spoken with you layely. Things are heating up around here as the weather cools down.

Take care
John

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he called, but I've been so busy lately it's been almost impossible to get a conversation in...what's new?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I guess you know the status of his pupra........uuuhhhh I mean Supra(sorry Matt, I have to get my punches in while I can).

Looks like a big transformation will, well IS occuring. My Viper doesn't stand a chance when his ride hits the streets in a few months. Finally saw his brothers car with the suto and looks like we may go pick on a few f-bodys and vettes tomorrow night.

John

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you crusing in jxn tomorrow night? I wanna come...I may drive up to play, seriously, what are your plans?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
weather looks good and I will be out as well. my car seems to be running pretty good so give me a call if you make it up this way. Should be my car and his brothers supra out.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K, I may drive up for that, really. It's only a couple of hours and it would be a great time. what time will you guys get rolling? I can come up early and hang out until we start clowning around.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
J DAWG said:
weather looks good and I will be out as well. my car seems to be running pretty good so give me a call if you make it up this way. Should be my car and his brothers supra out.
Jesus, it's already a 10 second car...what else does he plan on doing to it? I thought Titan reworked the whole car?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
J DAWG said:
it only gets crazier....remember money is no object and we are all young and stupid. Hope you make the drive. Should be alot of fun.

spoke to soon, which I know you know by now Norm.....looks like we will have to postpone the Supra's coming out party a little while longer. Oh well fair is in town.............

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.