Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does B&B headers affect the sound and performance of your car?

I have an 01 RT with a Borla Exhaust and was wondering how much Headers would affect the performance...a bit more RWHP.

Furthermore, what's a fair price for a set of used B&B headers?

Someone educate me please.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,097 Posts
The price of used B&B is about the same as brand new HMS headers on the group buy deal. Get some!

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
GTS Dean said:
The price of used B&B is about the same as brand new HMS headers on the group buy deal. Get some!
Not really, I have a set of NEW B&B's I am selling for $1350. Little cheaper, /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why are you getting rid of the b and b's viperboy?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
because he is tired of being a parts whore! :rofl: /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Norm, let me know when you are up north and you can take a listen to my setup.

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
J DAWG said:
Super Squirrel said:
because he is tired of being a parts whore! :rofl: /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Norm, let me know when you are up north and you can take a listen to my setup.
True, true. :rofl: Actually, I bought these in anticipation of putting them on the 99, but got lucky. The car already came equipped with TNT headers. So the garage must get cleaned out!

Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
FYI Bitch (aka 96 R/T 10) those headers your selling (if they are the same ones you recently uploaded to the photos section) are the OLD design, that is prone to cracking at the HANGER around the turn, they should be CUT OFF to avoid potential side sill fires !!

Just an FYI, I have proof of that statement, and even B&B changing the design based on my findings !!

Jon

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how can you tell if they are the defective designed ones or not..is there a cut off date when the new ones were designed?

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Thanks 02ACR....any pics of the new style?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I GUESS THEY'D LOOK THE SAME WIHTOUT THE HANGING ROD...DUH RIGHT?

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
FYI Bitch (aka 96 R/T 10) those headers your selling (if they are the same ones you recently uploaded to the photos section) are the OLD design, that is prone to cracking at the HANGER around the turn, they should be CUT OFF to avoid potential side sill fires !!

Just an FYI, I have proof of that statement, and even B&B changing the design based on my findings !!

Jon
Did you fuck up a header install? And Biatch, where the hell were you? /images/graemlins/dunno /images/graemlins/dunno I was going to stomp the slow ass car of yours back to the east coast! :lolcry: :lolcry: I suppose that if desired, they could be cut, but the Borlas and nearly every other manufacturer is set up the same way (I know first hand about the Borla's). Dude, get that car Underground before the sky starts falling /images/graemlins/bawling

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
I am the KING, I am the KING /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
96 R/T 10 said:
I am the KING, I am the KING /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
You got bout four months to nut up...You just made "the list"... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

MOJO, JDAWG, and "insert your name here!" :rofl:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Norm:
I got a new set of B&Bs sitting in my garage that I am gonna have installed with my T&D rockers and Roe S/C soon. I will let you know. I have been doing a lot of looking around and went with the B&Bs instead of the Belangers. Ask Sean, he will tell ya that headers are not the best bang for the buck bolt-on, but he would rec. B&Bs over other headers. Make sure you go with the 1 3/4" ones and not the 1 5/8". I got mine brand new for about $1580.00. Let me know if I can help on any way. Sorry I have no numbers regarding gains or sound. But from what I have heard, they are the best sounding ones with Corsas. :nod: Good luck!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks King...keep meposted

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I just intalled a pair of 1 3/4" B&B headers this weekend. Install was very straight forward, and the fit was excellent. I had no issues. Sound is awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.