Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gauging interest in a One Mile Shootout to be held in Texas, this would be within 100 miles of Dallas and have plenty of Run-off for the Big HP
Cars and Bikes. This would be a 2 Day event and possibly covered by a National Car magazine and media. The event would be open to any and all makes of cars and bikes. This would be a timed standing mile event and might settle some of the smack talk between Vendor vs. Vendor, Bike vs. Car,
Vette vs. Viper vs. Supra, Magnacharger vs. Procharger, Twin Turbo vs NOS, Import vs. Domestic etc............... I am looking at May/June time frame.
I appreciate everyones input.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
www.21stcenturymusclecars.com

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sounds like it would one heck of an event, John.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
John,

Long time, hope all is well.

I've been attracted to this event for some time:

Texas Mile

Are you talking about the same event?

We tested at a 2 1/2 mile airstrip in Michigan, before we went to Bonneville. Running on a well maintained, solid base, wide airstrip is the way to go for the mile. Maxton is an airstrip but it's dilapidated. The Sandhills mile is way better but not as level over the entire run as an airstrip.

Texas is the land of concrete and I bet the airstrips are incredibly smooth.

I want to come down there for the mile, but then again I want to race everywhere and everything. Not for sure but it's high on the list :thumb:

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts
'Sup Page? How ya doin'?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would be VERY interested. What would be the "ballpark" $$$ figure to run at this event?

NOEXCUSES said:
I am gauging interest in a One Mile Shootout to be held in Texas, this would be within 100 miles of Dallas and have plenty of Run-off for the Big HP
Cars and Bikes. This would be a 2 Day event and possibly covered by a National Car magazine and media. The event would be open to any and all makes of cars and bikes. This would be a timed standing mile event and might settle some of the smack talk between Vendor vs. Vendor, Bike vs. Car,
Vette vs. Viper vs. Supra, Magnacharger vs. Procharger, Twin Turbo vs NOS, Import vs. Domestic etc............... I am looking at May/June time frame.
I appreciate everyones input.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
www.21stcenturymusclecars.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Jr, hope everything is good for you guys as well, tell your pop I said hi.
The "Texas Mile" is cool but 5 hrs from Dallas, I am wanting to do my own event a bit closer to Dallas and where most of my customers are from.

Dean, I sure do miss mixing it up with ya on the track, those were the days.

TRD, I am in the initial planning stages but it will probably be
$125 1 day $200 for both maybe less, I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Paolo, I will get a plane ticket and fly down to the event to watch that beast eat up a mile or two.

martyb

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
martyb said:
I was thinking the same thing. Paolo, I will get a plane ticket and fly down to the event to watch that beast eat up a mile or two.

martyb
Chuck and Marty thanks for the thought!

John Page, I will definitely be there if I am not doing the Ultimate Street Car shootout for Sport Compact Car Magazine. I do not know if I am in yet, but doing the standing mile on Texas concrete is awfully appealing.

I will drive my car to the event: no trailering for my machine!

Please keep me updated with the possible dates! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Paolo Castellano said:
Chuck and Marty thanks for the thought!

John Page, I will definitely be there if I am not doing the Ultimate Street Car shootout for Sport Compact Car Magazine. I do not know if I am in yet, but doing the standing mile on Texas concrete is awfully appealing.

I will drive my car to the event: no trailering for my machine!

Please keep me updated with the possible dates! :thumb:
Could it be true!? Could Paolo's car be actually close to completion!? :lol:

I guess we'll all see. I hope you make it to this Paolo, you're one person I know with more balls than sense. :rofl: :thumb:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I won't win, but I'd definitely come give it a shot!! I'm sure I'd put the hurt on a lot of the cars out there! It would be cool to see Jr., Paolo, Hennessey, Chad/Heff, etc.... Where in the hell can this be done within 100 miles of here? :screwy:

·
Registered
587 Posts
At those prices I would be VERY interested, keep us posted. Not looking to break any records but would love to see what the Supra could do.

BTW, I know a friend of yours who bought a bad ass 1996 Grand Sport Vette from you.

NOEXCUSES said:
Hello Jr, hope everything is good for you guys as well, tell your pop I said hi.
The "Texas Mile" is cool but 5 hrs from Dallas, I am wanting to do my own event a bit closer to Dallas and where most of my customers are from.

Dean, I sure do miss mixing it up with ya on the track, those were the days.

TRD, I am in the initial planning stages but it will probably be
$125 1 day $200 for both maybe less, I will keep you updated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.