Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just talked to joe donovan. he and his crew are planning the VVC in georgia. ( and they are bringing some serious muscle to race with too :D ) i also think gocart mike and a few others will be there. ironman JD is a local as is 1tony1 or 2 or 3 or whatever hes going by these days. so, my question, who is going where??? seems like we so far have a damn strong tentative group for the VVC regardles of the possible tech nightmares. i would think some florida brothers would make the short trip.

BG or Georgia? i know the VVC is oging to be rough on the tech but im sure if we all sandbag thru the day until elims itll all be good, noone is gonna remember if they teched a viper and it was only sposed to run 11s and its now doin 9s. :thumb: they cant kick us all out can they, and if so, now wouldnt that be a sight, a dozen vipers show up, whup ass, and get DAS BOOT

I guess im goin to the VVC. gotta go where my car is at

dammit its been so damn long since ive seen my car i hope i can remember how to drive it. nah, assuming i knew how to drive to beging with :fist:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'll be there in Atlanta no matter what! I got a hall pass to put NOS on an AMC Gremelin if I need to... :)

BG is cancelled, is it not?

They will hopefully be a local GA VCA contingent there as well... we'll see.

Let me know when y'all are comin' into town and I'll show you some southern hospitality!

JD

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You might as well race when and where you can I really don't think that the V-10's will happen in 2005. David has not finished the results of 2004 even though he has posted several times that he would, he was getting help and results would be soon but still none.
David is really really busy finishing his last 1000 plus homes and buying a 9 bedroom 9 bath house for close to 1 mill and that is taking much time. He is spending much of his time wondering what bedroom he will sleep in.

All of the above is just a guess but my money is on "I guessed right"

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
If some of my Viper brothers from Ohio, St. Louis, Al and Miss (John) are coming I will plan on it. Look for me in the.....uh......11.50 class...woohoo. Also, everyone should plan on qualifying for EFI class. Sat. would be qualifying and eliminations on Sunday. I think it is .5 second indexes. Very tough for a stockish stick car to win, but it will be fun anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its settled then. So, who will suffer with MOJO as their houseguest for a night or two :D

as for the V10 nats; no need to have it dissolve. all we need is Boggs consent to continue using the name and its a ssimple as then some of us (as we all discussed before) settign up a couple events annually to meet at for racing, beers and comradre. we got something good in the nats but the nats is in itself only a name, the V10 nationnals is all of us racers who have commited to being there each and every time no matter the weather, the distance or lack of support. lets keep it going teo or three races per year. i recommend doing it in early fall in ohio at either norwalk or national trails or even my local track. i will gladly get started on organizing it and im sure we can count on the florida crew to do the same for a december bradenton event, so theres two right there.

whos is for keeping the V10 nats alive? lets get busy on this shit, too much speculation and sitting on our dicks, gotta get moving if its to stay alive in 2005

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hell, I guess I am going since there is no other racing at present. Gotta get some time in somewhere. 11.50 sure will be slow, but it looks like that is where most of the Vipers will be.

Rich, you didn't put a cage in your car didya?

Is it still in St Louis? I am gonna call Joe and maybe go look at it and drive it next week.......you dont mind doya? :D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Hmmmm, Better read this John. At least you can run without the nitrous. There doesn't seem to be a class for a p/a car without a rollbar if the no bar limit is 11.50. :bawling:

GENUINE STREET CLASS / ASCC RULES - 12 SECOND ET RANGE / MINIMUM 11.50 ET
This class is for naturally aspirated Corvettes and Vipers. No power adders are allowed.
Wheels - Production based OEM wheels required. Aftermarket wheels add 100 lbs.
Tires - restricted to street legal D.O.T radial tire.

SERIOUS STREET CLASS / ASCC RULES - 11.50 TO 10.50 SECOND ET RANGE
This class is for naturally aspirated or single power adder equipped Corvettes and Vipers.
Aftermarket wheels are permitted.
A minimum width of 4.5 inches is required for front wheels.
Tires restricted to street legal D.O.T approve

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Even I am getting nervous and i live right down the street. If you look at the PA rules, they specify which supercharger or combination of SCs you can run... blech. it doesn't look good. Even my paxton isn't the "kit" that they designate... because a kit didn't exist when it was made for this car!does this mean that they wouldn't let me run it?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i spoke with Ned yesterday, he said he will help us out. he has been dying to get more viper participation and is willing to do all he can. he agrees the rules are bullshit and have little to do with driver safety. like he an i agreed; if safety was the main issue then a bike doing 180mph would never be allowed to race.

hang tough brothers, we are gonna get our day to bite down on some vettes

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johnny, of course not, i would never cage an RT. sure, if youre in st louis, mi bucket es tu bucket. go test drive it for me; i hear its running kinda strong these days :D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i spoke with Ned yesterday, he said he will help us out. he has been dying to get more viper participation and is willing to do all he can. he agrees the rules are bullshit and have little to do with driver safety. like he an i agreed; if safety was the main issue then a bike doing 180mph would never be allowed to race.

hang tough brothers, we are gonna get our day to bite down on some vettes
The problem is not only the safty rules but also the way the class rules are set. It's index racing when you go to the bottom line and with index racing you don't need all the stipulations on power adders etc.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same as the nats; index. we werent going by power adders either. so what you mean is that because its index they should lose the power adder stipulations, right?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
same as the nats; index. we werent going by power adders either. so what you mean is that because its index they should lose the power adder stipulations, right?
Right. I was going to show up and just run the 12.00 class that has a 11.50 breakout (why it's called 12.00 beats me) but look at your car, Johns and mine. With no roll bar we cannot run faster than 11.50....AND.....we cannot run the 12.00 class WITH a power adder. So basically unless Ned changes things, I cannot run and you and John can only run without nitrous and even then only in the 12.00 class.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ouch, thnx for ruining my sunny morning with a cold cup of reality LOL

i agree and he and i have been emailing back and forth discussing this. i told him we would have damn near the entire V10 nationals roster (calling us the V10 Nationals Team) if he can get us some slack. i do know he truly wants it to happen, hell who wouldnt as all would benefit.

BTW in the one video pauls said most viper owners are timid about coming out, bullshit not timid just dont want to get put on trailer by tech. drivign hundreds of miles to not be allowed to race is not worth it. i gotta have a talk with paulie, calling me/us timid :D

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that indexing with powr adders stipulation is odd. doing both doesnt make sense; one or other. hell i dont know, i just hope it all gets figured out, i just wanna race dammit.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Maybe I need to go buy a tubing bender. A removable cage sounds nice.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
This is why I didn't bother going to LA for the first race. I have a previous commeitment on the 30th, so I am out even as a spectator. I hope they change things and let you guys run. :thumb:

"KING OF THE V-10 NATS!!!!!!" now where is roofy with my trophy.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello fellas,
It has been a long time since we have had the chance to get together. I spoke to Rich about it the other day and I agree with his first choice of words " Lets all get thrown out together". I am bringing a multi-power adder SRT with no cage or bar...I guess I will have to run the 14.0 class. I say don't worry about it, I have sand bagged at every other race, why change things now. It will be fun however it turns out... hell, it will be nice just to see everyone and get away from work.
John, give me a call if you are in town. I am planning on taking Rich's car to the track for some shakedown passes. I finally got some pre-existing problems solved and changed a few things around to start making some serious power for the mojo bucket. I want Rich to have the fastest RT 10 and nitrous car by the end of the season.
Joe, bring that gremlin out. I have a nice 396 gran sport corvette I am bringing and I will need somebody to spray this thing against...I have a feeling we will all be watching from the bleachers by Sunday morning....so bring some beer from the house.
Anyway, I am glad to see a few of you guys going. I thought I was going to be the only one there.
See ya,
Joe

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
PBJ said:
Hello fellas,
I am bringing a multi-power adder SRT with no cage or bar...I guess I will have to run the 14.0 class.
That's the only reason I was going, just to see everyone. If you look at the rules, the only class for a p/a car is quicker than 11.50 so we can't even sand bag. I want to race Vette Paul in a allout grudge race :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so, sounds like the V10 National Team got us a race event to attend. good, itll be cool to see all you ladies again :D

we gotta make sure we set up one helluva charcoal grill and do some big ass texas sized steaks. make sure we got it all going fine just in case the race poriton doesnt work out to our liking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.