Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i'm seriously considering chaning my stereo. I need my tunes when i'm driving and being the poser that i am, i want the best without doing something really outrageous.

I've heard people recommend the MB quartz (sp?) speakers. Which models fit in the viper?
What about the head unit? I want something that can play MP3, and it got to look good (ideally the brushed
satin metal look to complement my MGW goodies).

So what do you guys suggest?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Dyne Audio makes an excellent speaker. More of a competition unit though. The clarity is amazing. I had a pair of 6 1/2's. Sony makes a good head unit. As well as Alpine.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dyne audio? Which models do you recommend for my RT/10?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
If you go with them, just ask for the 6 1/2's. They'll work/fit & sound INCREDIBLE. I've heard both and the clarity is like night & day IMO.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
i dont know if you are wanting to keep a stock look or not, but the factory head unit will work fine if you just want to amplify the sound. it sotra depends on what you want to do...not too long ago there was a 40gig mp3 player that wired into your head unit, sorta like a cd changer....

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Hope Trey won't mind but here's a few pictures of his install in his GTS.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
i didnt notice you had an rt, i dont know what steps to take then, i have heard of putting a sub in the passenger floor board....

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Scratch that Par! They're 7 1/2's! Sorry it's been a while. The part # is DYN 240 - 7 1/2" Dynaudio Speakers.

Thanks Jason. Any pics of the Dynaudio speakers & tweeters in the doors? I was feeling lazy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Damn Trey, that is sweet, I didnt even notice that about your car when I saw it. I guess between your car and your wife, I got a little sidetracked

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
weeztones said:
Damn Trey, that is sweet, I didnt even notice that about your car when I saw it. I guess between your car and your wife, I got a little sidetracked <hr /></blockquote>

I almost passed out I was laughing so hard on this one! [image]http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif[/image] Too funny! But these were pics of my 2nd Viper. I did the whole sound system thing and a TNT 505 to that one. You came and rode in the 3rd which was the Venom 650R.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it a 6.5" for the speaker between the seats as well?

I may start with just changing out the speakers and take it from there. I looked at putting in a sub in the passenger footwell, but i always have people with me when i'm out riding and i just couldn't justify sacrifying the space.

I wish someone made a head unit with a popup display that integrated with the V1 radar detector. It would be nice to get a "threat" assesment on the screen while the music mutes! Hey mr. V1 -that's a business idea for ya. I'd buy it!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
How do you post mutliple pictures on one post?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
par said:
Is it a 6.5" for the speaker between the seats as well?

I may start with just changing out the speakers and take it from there. I looked at putting in a sub in the passenger footwell, but i always have people with me when i'm out riding and i just couldn't justify sacrifying the space.

I wish someone made a head unit with a popup display that integrated with the V1 radar detector. It would be nice to get a "threat" assesment on the screen while the music mutes! Hey mr. V1 -that's a business idea for ya. I'd buy it!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's what I would recommednd as well. Just speakers, a new head unit because that's integral, and switching out your factory amp and upgrading to a much better unit.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
King GTS said:
I almost passed out I was laughing so hard on this one! [image]http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif[/image] Too funny! But these were pics of my 2nd Viper. I did the whole sound system thing and a TNT 505 to that one. You came and rode in the 3rd which was the Venom 650R. <hr /></blockquote>

OHHHH, makes sense now. I guess it would be a little tough to fit that system along with nitrous back there now that I think about it. :bonk:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
after a long AIM session with Gerald i've ordered a set of Kicker 525's for my doors and i'll put a Kicker 6" in the center console as a mid-bass unit (and repack the center console with new dampening material).

Next step is going to be a new head unit and a matching 3 way amp. Likely to go with an Alpine head and an alpine amp -final decision will be done next week.

After that, i think i'll spend some time in the garage making a fully custom fiber glass subwoofer enclosure for a low profile (low depth) speaker which i'll place in the passenger footwell. Haven't done anything serious in fibreglass, but since i'll have to make the mold etc. etc. i figure it could be a fun spring project for me to work on. I'll take pics as i move along (likely a slow pace).
The sub will be mated with a dedicated amp going on the right wall in the trunk.

That's the plan for now. Thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
par said:
after a long AIM session with Gerald i've ordered a set of Kicker 525's for my doors and i'll put a Kicker 6" in the center console as a mid-bass unit (and repack the center console with new dampening material).

Next step is going to be a new head unit and a matching 3 way amp. Likely to go with an Alpine head and an alpine amp -final decision will be done next week.

After that, i think i'll spend some time in the garage making a fully custom fiber glass subwoofer enclosure for a low profile (low depth) speaker which i'll place in the passenger footwell. Haven't done anything serious in fibreglass, but since i'll have to make the mold etc. etc. i figure it could be a fun spring project for me to work on. I'll take pics as i move along (likely a slow pace).
The sub will be mated with a dedicated amp going on the right wall in the trunk.

That's the plan for now. Thoughts anyone? <hr /></blockquote>

Depends on what your looking for. If it's sound clarity, you're making a mistake. For bass, Kicker rules. I had the square solobarik. I'm sure you;ll be happy though. Good luck with the project.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts