Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay all that b.s. talk about gts' rt's, heat, fair market value, etc..boils down to this.....I have an opportunity to trade this viper.....http://dodgevipersforsale.com/96gts1.htm
straight up for mine. I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT THE HELL TO DO. And I'm not owning both. I realize it's a stupid question to ask the forum, but....what would you do. I have an 01 rt10 that has about 15k and in awesome shape, of course. I've been asking those who own both how they feel about each, advantages, etc....and now I'm at a point to choose...Is the 5 year difference between the two something i should not overlook. I know you blue/white guys will say...go for it and the rt's will say..don't do it, but does anyone have some great info on regrets I may have? I know I'm giving up ABS (who cares), picking up forged pistons, and giving up 18's (who cares)...Help.
Any feedback would help greatly. Thanks everyone.. by the say the guys at vipersforsale.com have been great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
Makaha said:
Okay all that b.s. talk about gts' rt's, heat, fair market value, etc..boils down to this.....I have an opportunity to trade this viper.....http://dodgevipersforsale.com/96gts1.htm
straight up for mine. I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT THE HELL TO DO. And I'm not owning both. I realize it's a stupid question to ask the forum, but....what would you do. I have an 01 rt10 that has about 15k and in awesome shape, of course. I've been asking those who own both how they feel about each, advantages, etc....and now I'm at a point to choose...Is the 5 year difference between the two something i should not overlook. I know you blue/white guys will say...go for it and the rt's will say..don't do it, but does anyone have some great info on regrets I may have? I know I'm giving up ABS (who cares), picking up forged pistons, and giving up 18's (who cares)...Help.
Any feedback would help greatly. Thanks everyone.. by the say the guys at vipersforsale.com have been great.
Go with the GTS. It's a Viper no matter how you slice it.

GTS is the way to go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Do it , remember to quiet the NGR with synthetic gear oil , and check for outstanding recalls. My 97 needed the recall work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
viperspray, now that's good information. Do you miss your convertible..is the heat bearable? Does it not come with synthetic? i thought they all did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,727 Posts
Makaha said:
viperspray, now that's good information. Do you miss your convertible..is the heat bearable? Does it not come with synthetic? i thought they all did.

Also...you gotta do the fan upgrade, the PVC upgrade...etc...PUNT THE CATS TO REMOVE THE HEAT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about high flow cats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
That 96 GTS is a sweet car. /images/graemlins/headbang.gif

As NIKE SAYS: JUST DO IT!!! :nod:

You won't regret it :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
52,500 for your 2001??!! I think that's an open cheek special!!

Its a great looking car, and that would be my choice for a second Viper for me, BUT, I gots to have my roadster!

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
No way in hell would I trade scccraight up for a 96 model. Just find some dumbass Mississippian to buy your RT and then find a GTS. Believe me there is always a better deal out there. Getting in a hurry and doing things on an impulse is not the way to go. Take your time and look around. Just my opinion though. If you feel good about it do it, but I would sleep on it a while.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
viperjoe, I can understand your sentiments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
also the only thing you would be saving is the 5% sales tax, but you will inherit all the problems/upgrades necessary for the 96.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jdawg, true, true, true.....as you know, I'm on the coast and the damn roadster is so perfect..I'm a confused individual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
snakebitten....JESUS that in all honesty sounds reasonable. See, that's why I consult you guys...ideas like that (I'm serious) I never thought of. HMMMMMMMM?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
J DAWG said:
also the only thing you would be saving is the 5% sales tax, but you will inherit all the problems/upgrades necessary for the 96.
J DAWG ummm Doesn't "CARPE DIEM" above your Avatar mean "SEIZE THE MOMENT"??

And yet you are talking me out of something he is leaning toward?

At times you have to go for it (CARPE DIEM)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About that new job...

would you like fries with that sir? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,153 Posts
not even a question. 96 < 01 . Take your time bro, your car is worth more than you think. No matter how collectible a 96 may be in the future, there is no way its worh as much as your 01 RT. just my :twocents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,280 Posts
Carpe diem? No, Carpe asp. Get the GTS and keep the RT/10 or we will have to ban you. I'm not sure I would trade in a 2001 on a 96 though.
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top