Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, CHAD! :rofl:

I got word last night that I didn't hurt my motor and I'll be able to run the TT Z06 next Thursday at the rental. Well.......I didn't hurt it too badly. All cylinders except one were within the accepted 5% leak for an LS motor.

Few weeks ago the vacuum line to my boost controller touched a hot metal clamp that melted a small hole in it. The boost controller wasn't seeing/controlling all the boost building in the motor because of that hole. On one pass I felt the car surge but it just didn't feel right so I aborted the run. Good thing I did because the boost spiked to 30 lbs.:shocked: :shocked: In the video was saw a small puff of white smoke on the shift so we thought the heads lifted and we may have hurt the motor.

We made 4 subsequent passes at a Corvette Challenge race the following week and the car ran fine. I ran a 9.17, 9.17, and two identical 9.153. However, the mph was all over the place and we couldn't build enough boost on the launch. Well, we found out yesterday the reason. The "prototype" headers were never replaced with "production" ones and they cracked in many places. There was so much exhaust escaping from them that we couldn't build more than 12 lbs on the line. All the hot exhaust was sitting under the hood and may have been partially responsible for the abnormally high air temps. I think everything was getting heat-soaked from the escaping exhaust.

Soooooooooo, ladies, step right up and learn to respect the GENERAL! :rofl:

See ya boys on Thursday at Atco, New Joisey. I think it's gonna be a blast. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm still not sure if I should go balls to the wall or save the car for June 11th. That one cylinder does worry me a tad. If I blow the bitch up, I guess I'll have a chance to think about going with more cubes. :rofl:

I can't wait to see you and Chad run.

I thought you had more than 15 cars already?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
15 is enough. I may have another guy who wants to go. Mike Mitchel is the Pro 8 champ and runs a 400 cid C4 with lots of nitrous. That car has gone 7s before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.