Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A C5 Vette made over 1000rwhp on 13psi boost...

that's right just 13lb.

It ran a 408 stroker with 8.5:1 compression.

that is all

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE CHAD said:
I wonder what a Viper motor is capable of at 13 pounds. Hmmmmm :lolcry:
It'd be safe to say around 1500hp at 13psi (aprox. 1300rwhp) would not require any rocket science, but a lot more could be made if the chequebook added another decimal point to the cost /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

you'd need around 750hp min. at the motor off boost -

no sweat :thumb:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts
jkracer said:
Torquemonster said:
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif Nobodies yet... we're shooting the breeze
I've heard allot of this "shooting the breeze", just how do you shoot the breeze? :idea:
That would be a target that could not miss.....a hunters dream bagging one every time.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh - is that not an American saying?

in any event - Chads car has pushed the envelope more than any other so far -
it's far better than the next closest Viper, and on less boost than many might think (more than 13 tho)

but even that record holding giant doesn't make 750+hp without turbos or 1500hp at 13psi.... it could not be done with stock intake and without a whole host of tricks. It simply means there is still room to develop further

clearer now? :thumb:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Torquemonster said:
oh - is that not an American saying?

in any event - Chads car has pushed the envelope more than any other so far -
it's far better than the next closest Viper, and on less boost than many might think (more than 13 tho)

but even that record holding giant doesn't make 750+hp without turbos or 1500hp at 13psi.... it could not be done with stock intake and without a whole host of tricks. It simply means there is still room to develop further

clearer now? :thumb:
REALLY

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
getbit said:
Is this a shoulda, woulda, coulda corvette thread?
spoken like a two year old

Until you know what is possible - what do you have to aim at?

Except follow the leader?

how pioneering :rolleyes:

Jason Heffner has led the way, and shown some pioneering spirit

BTW - EVERY worthy accomlishment started with a dream, and the big difference between me and you on this Getbit is you have the money to build something like I described but would not know where or how to do it. I know how but aren't telling you - so go figure it out and lets see how close you can get :smooch:

If you are not interested - why sabotage a thread that is based upon doable fact - not wild imaginings?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.