Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

OK Roadcourse Experts

929 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jkracer 
#1 ·
thnx much for many stepping up to offer advice

heres what i need, and please send it PM or email as itd be easier to sift through

what, in your opinion, would be the best upgrades to acquire for roadcourse racing

1. tires
2. brakes
3. shocks
4. suspension
5. settings

#2 ·
buy an 01 or 02 with antilock brakes. What ever mods above you put on a pre RT/10 or GTS is just a patch job. I'm in the same situation and hesitant to throw money at upgrading my 98 dinosaur. I've rode in those cars and it is a different animal slamming on the brakes way later than me. I'm feathering the pedal way before the braking markers and hoping to slow down enough before brake lock up (creates way to much heat and shortens brake pad life exponentially). With the anti locks you are on them then off them, no lockup to worry about and way less heat build up.

#3 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
I'm feathering the pedal way before the braking markers and hoping to slow down enough before brake lock up (creates way to much heat and shortens brake pad life exponentially). With the anti locks you are on them then off them, no lockup to worry about and way less heat build up.
Geez, sounds just like me, and I know that just kills my times. Better that than shooting off the course, but it takes away from some of the fun...

#4 ·
Upgrade yourself with a top-flight driving school. Be ready to spend at least $3k on yourself for 2 days or more - and I would recommend nothing less than 3 days. Then, spend a couple of hundred on pads, fluid, brake lines, a really good tire pressure gauge and a pyrometer.

#5 ·
on my 99 i dont see why a stop tech big brake kit wouldnt do the job.

as for seat time; i do much both raodcourse and drag. and this coming season im dedicating even more time. my avg in 2003 was racing at least twice per week (drag or course)

#6 ·
I am not an expert but yes to what GTS Dean said.
I spent 4 day's at the Panoz school in Dallas/Fort Worth. Best money I have spent and for day's and week's after you are looking for the apex in every turn. The Panoz car is set up like a Viper with less power but does the job.

I brought my daughter with me to the school and not only will it improve your skills on the track but on any road. It was 4 day's of serious fun /images/graemlins/headbang.gif

Good Luck
Rohn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.