Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
Not exactly sure which hole you are referring to, but I'll take a stab. If you are looking at the central cast void with the drilled orifice - and the other tiny hole to the lower right - then I would speculate the tiny hole is a casting flaw and I would recommend a heliarc repair to plug it completely. It looks like a problem to me.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
You can get the timing cover off in the car. It helps a lot if the shock tower strut is removed and the steering rack is unbolted from the frame (KEEP TRACK OF THE SHIMS ON EACH SIDE) and the steering shaft. You can let it lay forward out of the way.

• Helpful
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T and RobV

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
Here are some photos of the timing cover and oil filter adapter.
Optometry Silver Personal protective equipment Machine Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

This one indicates the difference in flow paths between the ACR unit (left) without bypass and the standard filter adapter.
Jaw Font Gas Carmine Service

This photo is of the remote filter adapter that is used with the Dailey Engineering external oil pump setup.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Automotive fuel system

Attachments

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
Been there. Done that. I have t-shirts and photos! The one view we still need to complete this analysis is the side view of the front cover where the adapter bolts on to see how it is ported.
Font Urban design Art Motor vehicle Machine

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
I KNEW I had seen some detailed porting photos somewhere and here's the link!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,478 Posts
How do you plan to use the car - mostly street blasts? What kills crankshafts is sustained high-G, high rpm turns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts