Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
JoshW said:
So I tried posting this on the other board with no luck (other than "its expensive").

For those of you that live in Manhattan, where do you park your car?
I like Mike's reply above. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I park in my building. There are plenty of parking lots but, YES, they are all expensive depending on the location. In the residential areas of Manhattan you can expect to pay on a monthly basis between $150 and $600 (,might be more for a large SUV or chauffeured car), again depending on location.

·
Registered
337 Posts
JoshW said:
So I tried posting this on the other board with no luck (other than "its expensive").

For those of you that live in Manhattan, where do you park your car?
Car + Manhattan = bad mix...

use subway, ferry, taxi, china man with chariot, anything but a vehicle that you actually care about!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
don't park it in one of those 24 hour parking garages. they'll scratch your car up, then bs you for 6 months about paying you the money to have it fixed. use public transportation. if you can avoid bringing your car to the city, you're MUCH better off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, let me set the expectation. I *LIVE* in Manhattan, not a casual visitor.

Where to park?

Saying park it elsewhere or "its too expensive" or "your car will get damaged" is bogus. That is why I am seeking real answers from people who live here, not travel here once in awhile or have some tweaked perception that "NYC is sooooo expensive!". No shit, I live here.

Ideas?

·
Registered
256 Posts
um, dude... my car WAS damaged. i watched the parking attendant back my car into the car parked behind me. anyway, i dunno how expensive it is, or if they have a deal on parking on a monthly basis, but there is a garage right on the water near 22nd (i *THINK* i may be getting the streets mixed up) it seemed pretty safe. i can't think of the name of it for the life of me though, sorry.

·
Registered
337 Posts
JoshW said:
Okay, let me set the expectation. I *LIVE* in Manhattan, not a casual visitor.

Where to park?

Saying park it elsewhere or "its too expensive" or "your car will get damaged" is bogus. That is why I am seeking real answers from people who live here, not travel here once in awhile or have some tweaked perception that "NYC is sooooo expensive!". No shit, I live here.

Ideas?
Unfortunately my statement still applies. Owning a car while living in Manhattan is really just added stress...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.