Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and already my clutch is slipping.

I have one of those (I think it was a Roe part) clutch pedal adjusters in place. Raised the pedal up a tad to be even with the brake pedal. But it also made the clutch harder to press.

Think it had any bearing on this? I don't ride the clutch, and I really haven't beat the car. Anyone have a stock clutch pedal bar I can use to restore mine back to normal?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Somethings got to be up with it, i've heard guys getting 40 to 50 thousand miles out of their clutches with moderate beatings on the car. I dont see how adjusting the clutch pedal could have caused it, but all sorts of weird stuff happens to cars so i guess its possible.

If you hear any types of squeaking or vibrations your throw out bearing might have gone bad and caused your clutch to go as well.. buest guess i've got, hope you get it worked out.

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95Viper said:
The Roe part would have lowered the clutch pedal to be even with the brake pedal.
bah, raise, lower, it moved /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
my clutch went at 20K miles and I don't beat it too bad. I have heard both sides some give out early others last forever.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
your car is garbage. I will pick it up for a $100 removal fee.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
dansauto said:
my clutch went at 20K miles and I don't beat it too bad. I have heard both sides some give out early others last forever.

Mine only lasted 20K...

Don...If you do have to replace it, the stock parts are less than $300, and it is quite easy to replace...if you have access to a lift...

·
Registered
130 Posts
At a recent tour at the Conner Avenue plant I asked a couple of foremen on the assembly line about any negative issues associated with the Roe clutch link. They double checked with their engineer and said that it shouldn't have any negative effects. They said that the clutch pedal had been raised on the cars to clearly distinguish its location vs. the brake pedal -- they didn't want confusion in the cramped footwell -- like someone stepping on the wrong pedal by mistake. Also, the link shouldn't make the clutch harder to push. That may be your clue to what is going (went) wrong . . .

·
Super Moderator
27,591 Posts
Your car is punishing you for not moving to Texas faster.

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gee, thanks Craig. Come on down.

MarkO, go back and read what I said.

Bruce, interesting info, thanks. I'll have to check out what made it so much more difficult to press the clutch.

Gerald, buy me a lift bro and I'll fix it /images/graemlins/smiles (just kidding you bastage)

Redbeard, that's possible!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hisserman...I wish you could have asked them about the post on how to adjust the clutch down without using the Roe part at all.

P.S. In case anyone doesn't know...the Roe part and the post on how to adjust the clutch down only apply to Vipers with adjustable pedals. No Gen1's or 96 RT's.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
brianflynn said:
It depends on how you drive. Do you ride the clutch with your foot?
No, he rides it with his hand so he should be ok right? C'mon Brian!!! WTF would he ride the damn clutch with?

BTW what was the prob with the overheating issue?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts