Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice on the v10nationals.com site that a record for nitrous only isnt given? is this a category? theres NOS/blower, NOS/TT, roeSC/NOS, etc. what about just NOS, or in my case (and the case of most nitrous cars) motor/NOS category.

also i see that 10:43 is record for pilots via Tom Welch. sounds beatable /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow! 9.45. i think its safe then /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
MOJO.....I know you love your sled, but at those speeds at the track you would probably need an additional 75rwhp or more(compared to a GTS) in an RT to go that fast.

Any thoughts of getting a GTS?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Toms record on pilots is pretty darn good. The best I have run is a 10.61. I think toms record will be safe unless you guys have the track setup for late in the evening(dark) or early(7-8am) in the morning. It will be way too hot/humid during the day to get any good times on street tires. Also, tom is one of the best, if not the best, viper drag racer on the circuit right now. He is super consistant and always lays down good numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think my post was taken wrong; when i said toms record sounds beatable, i was being sarcastic hence the face. welch is definiteyl one of if not the best in our circut. hes the one to learn from and the one to measure by for most instances. hes also the one to shoot for in beating someday

JDAWG, i agree, i think im SOL unless i put alot more juice on and with the stock fuel system i cannot do that. we'll see what the future holds though, when i do the stroker ill have to do a fuel syst upgrade so maybe then ill also do more nitrous too

·
Registered
806 Posts
YOu can definitely drive your car rich and it will be nice to have another viper in the nines, too bad it isn't going to be me.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Rohn Kittel Owns the record fro NOS only. He also owns the 6-speed record.

we will update the site accordingly!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Roof, how about adding a Roe blower only (no n02) mph and et record to the records list. I hold neither one of them, but it would be a nice addition. thx

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Dr Roof said:
Roof, how about adding a Roe blower only (no n02) mph and et record to the records list. I hold neither one of them, but it would be a nice addition. thx
And a Roe W/ NOS I do not hold it either...

Cudaman:flag:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Cudaman said:
And a Roe W/ NOS I do not hold it either...

Cudaman:flag:
It is already there :smooch:

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
I'm not sure what the fastest NOS only car is..It is probably Albert/Rohn.

The BTR cars (mine and Lee Saunders)are stock CI and have gone 9.62, 9.66 at 149mph with NOS only.

My 10.43 was on Pilots. No doubt that someday, someone will beat it, especially with the new 19" pilots on SRT Vipers. That tire is gigantic in comparision to my 17" rears. I look forward to passing the torch.

Take care,

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JEEZUSS 9.62 at 149 NOS ONLY?? no heads? no cam?? wow, thats gonna be a hard one to beat

Im sure gonna try to develop the skills to take that torch for the pilots though. practice practice practice.

ive got four summit series events before topeka so that hopefully will allow me to get familiar with this nitrous setup by topeka

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rohn's RSI car ran 945.60 and has gone 154.80 MPH

Looks like Tom has beat my record of 9.63 with stock bottom end. I did go 150.85 MPH with that 9.63 pass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts