Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the NOS brand purge solenoids. they have a filter in them. im assuming this filter somewhat restricts flow (in addition to its main purpose) which thereby reduces attainable HP. I removed my purge solenoid altogether today (since the cheap shiit broke in Topeka) and hooked the feed line up directly to the nitrous solenoid itself.

My question; anyone know or have an idea how much of a potential increase to now expect in flow/HP? i need to know so as to concomitantly increase fuel feed via larger jet size.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey rich,
You should have a inlet on the solenoid and 2 outlets. On NX, the purge is marked with a P and the outlet is on the bottom. I can't remember on NOS, but it should be similer. Removing your purge will not change anything as far as flow goes. Your purge should be set up after the nitrous solenoid on one of the outlet holes, not before. That filter will catch all of the garbage from the inside of the bottle over time, but I have seen them clog up. Give me a call if I can help.
Later,
Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.