Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, took the plunge and bought a NX kit with all the trimmings; 100-300hp

i figure ill use it only for drag racing (v10 nats and the Summit series here locally) as once i get the stroker kit and hogan intake completed ill only have about 750hp /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif so a little bit o nitrous couldnt hurt

ive always wanted to do the baddest all motor viper and nitrous allows me the freedom of that plus obtaining even more power when/if i want it without sacrificing anything

Topeka im low loose and fulla juice :fist:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
BigCarrot said:
Sweet! 750 on motor? What do you know that I don't?

At the F.W. not the Rear Wheels.

The maximizer kicks ass, down side is it puts a huge load on your solenoids and wears them down rather quickly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the NX kit and I had bought a progressive N2O controller, but I decided not to use it because it strobes the solenoids, and you have to install a second solenoid in tandem because they are anticipating the solenoid's early failure from the strobing cycle abuse. Bad news.

I found that the natural ramp of the nitrous gives you some leeway so that the onset of extra power doesn't spin the tires too badly. Plus you can always set the window switch to trigger at higher RPM, or shift earlier to reduce the "sudden" shock of the N2O kicking in.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the kit with the genx2 upgrade and a few other items. i didnt get the remote opener though, that way ill be prompted to only use it at track (im hoping /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif )

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought I would only use it at the track too. Now I open the bottle everytime I leave the house and warm the bottle just in case.

It is too much fun on open stretches of rode. What a differance N2O makes on a built motor, vs stock motor!!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SB; what, you dont think ive got willpower /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

yep; im talking 750 at motor not rwhp. hopefully even a little more. depnds upon how much the stroker and intake do as a team?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
now thats torque baby!! way to go marty

im wondering if my torque is gonna go south when i do this hogan racing intake with the 542 stroker, sure hope not, id hate to be like a SC viper /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
How do you mean Mojo, in the nines or in the 140's? :nuts:

j/k, couldn't help myself. I'm sure the 542 cu in's will make up for some of your sheetmetal intake torque losses down low.

Chad

1 - 20 of 24 Posts