Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Nitrous and Propane a common modification on the Vipers? Are they problematic? Just looking at a Viper that has this on it, should this be a buyer beware or a positive?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Positive. Must be a BTR kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the link, I actually was able to find it just before I looked at this post. Sounds like if it was installed properly, it would be a plus in my book. Can the engine hold up well with this mod? What should I look for on the car for signs of abuse?

·
Registered
248 Posts
sshorty said:
Thank you for the link, I actually was able to find it just before I looked at this post. Sounds like if it was installed properly, it would be a plus in my book. Can the engine hold up well with this mod? What should I look for on the car for signs of abuse?
Try sending a PM to Tom (ViperJedi). Judging by his performance at the V10 Nats, it seems that his engine holding up pretty damn well. :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I have the BTR 650 kit on mine running propane. So far so good. I'm going to race it next week. I have a 2000 and the car has dyno'd 818 RWHP before. I think that is too much and is maximizing the propane flow so I plan on stepping it back a bit at the track.

Personally I like the idea of propane and the added octane it gives.

Carl

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
heard good things about BTR and Tom, when i want anything Nitrous ill call BTR.

i my self thinking adding propane too in near future, but i dont know how much HP/TQ propane going to add, and how its going to work with the VEC2!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
sssssssssssssshorty, On another post I saw you inquired about Tn and Ny. Are you in Tn ? Where ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my BTR System and Tom is great to deal with.

I have the standard kit (225 hp), it took mine from 423 RWHP to 567 RWHP and the torque from 472 to 749.

My signature says it all, 10 second runs with 3 inch cats and a 3 inch cat back and nitrous.

As long as it set up with the correct jets so your air fuel ratio is correct you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts