Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the latest world record by the TT king himself Jason Heffner it seems the forced induction systems are truly taking care of business.

while nitrous is still the best "bang for buck" it just doesnt seem like it can keep up with the other power adders anymore. is nitrous soon to be outdated for the viper community only to be used as a complimentary adder like many of the roe setups use it for??

as for the TT setup if there ends up being tires and drivetrains that can handle it, it seems like nothing can touch this system

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO, flash that was a good shot, thnx, made me laugh this morning.

craig; budget; bullshit. and rice burners, yeah, thats what i am

·
Registered
21,933 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
LMAO, flash that was a good shot, thnx, made me laugh this morning.

craig; budget; bullshit. and rice burners, yeah, thats what i am
I'm only giving you shit! But seriously I would never use it simply because filling the bottle is a pain in the ass!

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
527 Posts
Choices are a good thing....but you all know my stance on this subject.

WAR on BELT CHANGES, LAG, and a 80% loss on your aftermarket parts investment!

I will see you all in Bradenton with a bottle full of GO FAST, so come and get some of my $ 30.00 worth of nitrous.....LOL

Tom

BTW, that Video of Jasons car is very nice. I'm glad to see some competition in the forced air ranks. I might have to do some hard work like changing a jet or two.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Tom, from what I've seen, you're always a fierce competitor. Your complete system is not exactly cheap, however.

WAR TOM WONT ACCEPT MY FOODSTAMPS

I am not a proponent of stand alone nitrous systems but they do hold the 6 speed record. As stated above, a little nitrous makes the boost go down smoother on those Roe cars.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Nitrous...A thing of the past??==> Rich, you just figured this out now?, Just kidding big guy!

Although a nitrous car has held the record for longer than any of these turbo cars had or will, I just love the turbos!

Tom Welch will still put a ghetto asswhipping on most turbo and blower cars with his N2O system, but turbos are coming into their own.

We cannot discount 2ManyToys bad ass blower car either that was as fast as the turbo cars(actually faster) either.

There will definitely be some cool new twin and single turbo systems coming out in the next year or so. The designs will get better end better and the drivetrain parts development will eventually catch up to the tremendous power levels made by the turbos.

Around this time last year, 800-900 RWHP was the bad-ass # to lay down. Now these guys are making 1250+ RWTQ and those #'s are only going to get higher. I would not be surprised to see some 1500+ RWHP being put down by the turbo cars in the next year. Can you imagine hitting the accelerator at 200 MPH and feeling what that kind of power feel like? Hmmmm...... /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/nana /images/graemlins/chucks /images/graemlins/chucks

·
Viper Love
550 Posts
since i paid $550 for my Nitrous setup with Roe S/C and dynoed 903 RWHP and 1090 RWTQ if this cheap investment called rice then i love rice /images/graemlins/toothy even with a low pressure bottle we dynoed 813 - 800 RWHP and over 899 RWTQ ! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think the focus now needs to shift to drivetrain upgrading as now with all this "newfound" power levels, the damn sleds cant handle it without breaking constantly

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i think the focus now needs to shift to drivetrain upgrading as now with all this "newfound" power levels, the damn sleds cant handle it without breaking constantly
Very true! I think a couple of tuners would be smart to focus on bullit proof drivetrains and suspension mods that put the power to the ground.

·
Viper Love
550 Posts
i think Torquemonster is coming with an interesting drivtrain upgrades he was talking about it the other day, i think with his knowledge and the new upgrades viper world wont be the same again ! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
We have a replacement half shaft / rear end design that was built years ago on the Stryker TT. Have never broke it once. knock on wood.

It could be incorporated into any Viper, except the SRT-10 for now.

More expense, but for how many times you break the rear end (half shafts) you could have it on 2 Vipers and still be pounding on it, not missing events. weigh the costs out and it's to your advantage.

It's been proven very, very strong. :nod:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Instead of relying on iffy tank heaters, wieghing the bottles etc for optimum nox tank pressure isn't there some way to have the nitrous bottle at much higher than needed pressure and use an inline regulator to maintain desired inlet pressure like most every other tank sysem uses...oxygen, acetylene, scuba etc ?

Why is that not happening ???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.