Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Gee Wally, that sure it swell ...but here in Road & Track I'm reading the 507hp 2006 BMW M5 V10 that redlines at a mere 8200rpm will have electronic fly by wire individually controlled throttle valves on each cylinder (looks almost like that $12K GTSR intake) that respond in as little as 120 milliseconds and variable valve timing to boot, 7spd sequential gearbox , blah blah blah Somehow they managed to civilize the IR intake.

Still a lot of catching up to do.

· Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FE065 said:
Gee Wally, that sure it swell ...but here in Road & Track I'm reading the 507hp 2006 BMW M5 V10 that redlines at a mere 8200rpm will have electronic fly by wire individually controlled throttle valves on each cylinder (looks almost like that $12K GTSR intake) that respond in as little as 120 milliseconds and variable valve timing to boot, 7spd sequential gearbox , blah blah blah Somehow they managed to civilize the IR intake.

Still a lot of catching up to do.
Ya sure and BMW claims that the new M5 will go 0-150 in 14 seconds and do 205 mph minus the speed limiter... Well that is all BS. Its a nice car and surely fast for a 4-door. But I will bet that a stock E55 is quicker and a mildly modded E55 is a lot quicker. So they can have all the techno gadgets they want, but it does not add up to a faster car.

· Irredeemable
8,170 Posts
I can't wait to embarrass the new M5 on the highway. Yes, it should beat me on the roadcourse but since I am on public roads daily and really wouldn't bother roadcourse racing my sedan then I feel, unlike Road&Track, that my car is the still the king. I do think the point of FE065 is that the M5 is relatively low production, high NA horsepower, very high tech inside and out, slower than the Viper mainly due to weight and top speed limiter and costs nearly the same. That is why Dodge has some catching up to do. Wait a minute..that sounds like I'm describing my E55 too.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
Hmm... I bet that this addition has something to do with the '05 TSB on the "rough 5000+ RPM" issue. I'll have to get ahold of an 05 SRT-10 somehow and find out what would be required to make the addition. Chances are, it is just stand alone input(s) to the PCM, and takes it power from the same supply as all the other sensors. Interesting to see if the PCM is a different design, or just different software. I cant imagine they wouldnt have a few spare unused inputs, knowing something in the future would come of this.

John- Do you happen to know what type of fastening to the block they used? Did they use an empty plug/bolt hole under the manifold- or change the casting?

· Registered
1,804 Posts
RSI Sales said:
If you have not noticed, they have also moved the Crank Sensor location. Just an FYI.

/images/graemlins/smiles
Its really more of a "flywheel position sensor" even though it does the same thing... But where did they move it to? Any reason you can see for the change- or was someone bored?

EDIT- I'll bet it has something to do with the SRT-10 Quad Cam having an Automatic. Must have needed the space for something.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Pictures are already posted on a thread on the morg. Nice shots Chris.

Funny thing is that some poeople are already talking about wanting to retrofit their 03-04 cars.
Damn skippy. Coming from a Turbo car background, I know the value of those damn things, assuming they are working correctly! I would definatly like to retrofit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.