Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the next mod to the car (already have the Mopar cat back, smooth tubes and K&N's) and am considering the following:
1) VEC 2
2) Headers (probably the Belangers from Fat Albert)
3) Mopar rockers
Any and all advice would be appreciated.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
you have a 2000, so don't expect much from headers as far as hp goes.

roller rockers would show a nice improvement in power and give you a little lump at idle.

VEC2, well I have one on my car and unless you need to tune I don't know if you will benefit from it as in my case.

· Registered
11,128 Posts
Do you think that rockers would be better than headers for my 2002? I ordered headers and they got lost in the mail so I'm back to square one. What sort of power can I get out of rockers and what do they cost + installation.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
out of the three id say RR for the performance
however headers will make that car sound like it should. john is right on the minimal hp gain but you want to sound good too right.

as for the VEC2; i, like jdawg, also have it and so far, im not too impressed with it for my car (non-forced indiction). i would have rather saved the thousand bucks and put it toward someting else

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I take it from your comment that later gen IIs have decent exhaust systems from the factory. Fat Albert was quoting about a 50 hp gain from $1800 headers but I found that a little hard to believe...maybe on a gen I, eh?

I had heard that the VEC2 was good bang for the buck not because of a jump in peak HP or TQ but because of expanded area under the curve and especially gains in the lower rev range.

I haven't heard much about the rockers other than they're good for about 15 HP.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
rockers 15 to 20 rwhp and honestly will make your car sound like it has a little cam. If you pay someone to do the install, IMO $200 would be as much as I would pay, but they are quite simple to install if you have a little time.

Go for the headers if you want a better sound(which U should), but with Belangers and Corsa I saw 18 rwhp combined(peak numbers).

VEC2 is supposed to yield alot of hp down low, but I like the 1/4 mile and since the car is above 4200 rpms the majority of the time for me it hasn't made much difference in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.