Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to buy my first viper...I'm looking at used RT's. Can anyone tell me the differences in between 94's 95's and 97's in terms of buying used and what to look for---are there any major problems with vipers mechanically during these years, whether low or high mileage? Is it difficult to tamper with odometers within these years??? Thanks.

· Registered
21,933 Posts
You cannot import a US 92-96 RT/10 into canada. Personally I would stick to a gen 2 RT (97-02) as you get more power and a much more refined car, maybe not important down in florida but definately a must in Toronto. 94 RT/10's had head gasket issues that popped up around 25-30,000KMS, other than that they are very solid cars. I'm in the GTA if you need any help in your search let me know. What is your budget in CDN $$$?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around $50kcdn.+-. Depends on the deal. Using it for very little mileage on nice days, but normally yearround on display at one of my shops. I want to know that if I had to flip it in a couple years, I wouldn't lose very much $$$. Any thoughts or cars in mind?

· Registered
21,933 Posts
GEN1 cars up here hold their value very well, my uncles just sold his 94 RT/10 with 20,000kms on it last spring for 55K, the cheapest I have seen an RT/10 is 45K for one with 85,000kms on it, it was in the trader last week. 50K isn't unreasonable you should be able to find one for that price. Low K cars are still bringing in good money up here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.