Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, This is my first time posting as I am a new Viper owner. I just bought a 2002 GTS Yellow coupe with the Black Stripes. I want to put some rims on it but the only ones I'm finding are the line by HRE. I've read some posts where people were having problems with the rims and their customer service. Are their any other companies that make rims that will fit this or am I stuck with HRE? Thanks for any help you can give and your board is awesome.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Forgeline - Forgeline website
Fikse - Fikse website
Kinesis - Kinesis website
CCW - John Purner - CCW website

I saw a set of the new single-piece wheels that John Purner is making on a Porsche last week and they are beautiful! Very high quality and they are probably the least expensive on the market.

I have HREs on my Viper for about 3 years now. I love the rims, but I too had a small problem with the front 19" 540s when I first got them. They wouldn't hold air (seal was broken between the two halves). Jason Heffner resealed them and I haven't had any problems since then. I'd still recommend them just because they look so good and are pretty high-quality wheels.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
The new Purners look really good, IMO. I also like the Kinesis wheels. On a side note, could you PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE post pics of your BumbleBee? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
533 Posts
BigCarrot, That is a great offer and I appreciate it but I really want the stock ACR rim, I'm not big into the chrome, just personal preference. If the tires on those are any good, he'll easily be able to sell them. Heck I can't believe someone here hasn't jumped on them. 95Viper

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi,
CCW Complete Custom Wheels), Kinesis, BBS, Startech and Forgeline are the ones I've been looking at. I just bought a yellow 2002 as well and am looking for 20 or 19 inch rims and tires. I prefer the black centers and chrome lip for the yellow and black stripes Viper. CCW makes them in 18" which are reasonable, just nothing larger.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
BigMac said:
Are their any other companies that make rims that will fit this or am I stuck with HRE? Thanks for any help you can give and your board is awesome.
stuck with HRE's????? First time I have heard that!!!! HRE's are the baddest looking wheel out there!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a nice set of hres 19s and 20 rear the rims were over $10,000 p zeros
they have 1200 miles on them I would like to get at least $6500 which is alot but you are saving a ton of money..
Let me know
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
speed101 said:
I have a nice set of hres 19s and 20 rear the rims were over $10,000 p zeros
they have 1200 miles on them I would like to get at least $6500 which is alot but you are saving a ton of money..
Let me know
[email protected]
what wheels are they? HRE what? Anyone know if the pattern is the same as a Gen II?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.