Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 C5, and I've been waiting to see the next Z06. Well, I think I'm ready for an SRT-10 now. The new Z06 might be daym quick, but it's looks really don't inspire -- and no targa or vert

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
mmi said:
I have a 2003 C5, and I've been waiting to see the next Z06. Well, I think I'm ready for an SRT-10 now. The new Z06 might be daym quick, but it's looks really don't inspire -- and no targa or vert
Even though the SRT has grown on me since day 1, I don't think it has "inspirational" looks to it either.

Go with a 2002 GTS. Now that's inspiring! :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
SJT97GTS said:
Are the numbers for the new Z06 out yet? I'm curious.
I spoke with regional manager for Hendrick two days ago and he said that the zo6 will be 380 lbs lighter than the current c6. 427 cid 500 hp/tq The body panels will be made of carbon fiber, bigger brakes and also a larger rear diffuser. Its benchmark was the 911 turbo and very few will be made perhaps a total of 1500 per year out of the same line as the XLR. The pricing will be in the 70's according to this guy. I think the pricing is a little high but if all he says is true, I don't think you could find a performance package out there that could match it for the 25k premium. You might be able to get a faster car in a straight line but dropping that weight by 380 will do wonders for the road course not to mention the bigger brakes etc...

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Turbo63 said:
I have a new C6 - the Z06 looks like poop - will trade C6 in for 05 SRT 10 in the spring - AND I work for the general!

/images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3 /images/graemlins/dude3

:bowdown: :thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ERDOC said:
SJT97GTS said:
I spoke with regional manager for Hendrick two days ago and he said that the zo6 will be 380 lbs lighter than the current c6. 427 cid 500 hp/tq The body panels will be made of carbon fiber, bigger brakes and also a larger rear diffuser. Its benchmark was the 911 turbo and very few will be made perhaps a total of 1500 per year out of the same line as the XLR. The pricing will be in the 70's according to this guy. I think the pricing is a little high but if all he says is true, I don't think you could find a performance package out there that could match it for the 25k premium. You might be able to get a faster car in a straight line but dropping that weight by 380 will do wonders for the road course not to mention the bigger brakes etc...
Sounds like dealer bs to get orders for above MSRP orders ...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
ERDOC said:
SJT97GTS said:

1.) 3179 - 380 = 2799 lbs. Dealer BS. ummmmm, no.
2.) All Carbon Fiber body panels - ummmm, no.
3.) 427 - possibly, but no one knows for sure. Many are saying a 3 valve 6.4L
4.) 500 HP/Tq - Maybe. But I would be surprised if GM fell short.
5.) 1500 per year. ummmmm, no.
6.) Pricing in 70's? - I doubt it. I think it will take a price jump equavalent to the C5/C5 Z06, maybe a little more. GM wants to sell cars, and the ZR1 was a lesson learned.

Of course, I am also guessing with 1-6. But they are educated guesses, not dealer BS. Bottom line: 2 1/2 months 'till we know the real deal - Detroit NAIAS.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
The only good thing about the vette is that it's cheaper to mod in the past. Now with the new ZO6 (if it get's a real 427) That would be hard to beat. A cheap to mod big block = king of the block. But *if* it really is going to be selling for 70k(+???) Then I can bet the aftermarket will be charging a high "ZO6 tax" much like our "viper tax". Only time will tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.