Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching for a used Viper, it occured to me that it would be useful to see some indication as to what other owners were paying for their Vipers (new or used). So, I put together a new feature that "collects" purchase information (year, make, mileage, price, etc.) which can then be made to present graphs which will show trends (new price, prices in past 6 months, etc).

http://www.viperalley.com/viperinfo/prices.php

The idea being that if we have enough info, I could see the high, low and average prices people have paid for their 2000 Viper Coupes (or whichever year I was interested in).

Of course this will only work well if people take the time to put in their purchase info - all data is kept private and is for statistical purposes only.

Comments, ideas?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I will contribute. I just sold mine. I think it is a great idea. Is there a way you could do a asking vs. sell price?

For example, I was asking $42,000 for mine, sold it for $39,950. Might be an idea.

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say put the selling price in for purchase price - the info as for what you sold it for is just as important.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
only problem is it changes so much, A year from now the prices won't be accurate. Also prices seem to be higher in larger citys vs rual areas (this is typical in the used car market, and why NADA is distrubuted by area, but may not be entirely true with high end cars)

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I plan on selling mine for about 44-45k If I decide to do so...I won't sell for less unless I'm just jonesing to get rid of it.

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only problem is it changes so much
That's why we'd do a "prices in past 6 months" kind of feature - to keep the data as current as possible.

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
not that i buy vipers or parts but maybe you should do the db for ALL parts.. tires, pads, etc so everyone can keep an idea

its more of a percentage rip off when you buy a $50 part for $65.

but i dont count so ignore me.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
only bought one Viper 3 years ago, so obviously my info. is not valuable in this instance.

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, if you got the blank page, you'll need to resubmit your info. My apologies.

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would seem a good source for prices is eBay when auction close. If you happen to see an auction close, enter the pricing information into the system so we can gather this data.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That assumes that the buyer and seller go through with closing the deal, we all know that with ebay that is often not the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts