Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Lgsr said:
Will probably drive less than 500 miles a year. What steps do I need to take to make my Viper exempt from Illinois emission testing
Not gonna happen, you will eventually get a summons from our great state. If you are worried about passing, there are ways to insure passing. First, obviously they are not gonna yank the side sills to check for converters, secondly, if it is an obdII gen II, all they will do is plug in to the aldl and ck. for codes, none present, you pass. Even a highly modified street driven vehicle can pass this test if everything is running right and the correct precautions are taken. /images/graemlins/dude3

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There's not a chance in hell I'd take one of my Vipers to an Illinois emmissions testing station. So, to make sure that would never happened my Vipers no longer live with me. They "live" south of I-80 where emmissions testing isn't required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you be more specific or explain why your Vipers are exempt by being south of Interstate 80? Also, you say you live elsewhere. Does this mean you have simply registered your Vipers at an address that is located south of 80?

Mark - Chicago

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
not sure bout your area but hear in jersey they have a collector car inspection exempt sticker you get for 25 bucks and the stipulation is you can drive more than a certain number of miles in a year. dont remember the number but it was near 5 thous. so you'd be fine. they dont inspect anything on the car. mine has no cats nitrous ... plenty the state wouldnt like about my viper but all they could do was give me the stick and say see you in 2 years sir!!! so look into this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.