Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With caution I post this question - I am currently a new C6 Vette owner - Yes I know - I like the car however I am now investigating the potential of buying an 04 or 05 SRT. Just curious to get some perspectives on the car - driving effort, creature comforts etc. I have an appointment this Saturday to drive an 04 - in every article I read there is no better exotic american car then the Viper - thoughts? Sure appreciate your input!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 04 and now a 05. I had 3.55 gears installed on the 04 and just this week 3.73's in the 05. Buy the Viper, install at least the 3.55's. Try to wipe the smile off your face every time you get out of IT!

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Turbo63 said:
With caution I post this question - I am currently a new C6 Vette owner - Yes I know - I like the car however I am now investigating the potential of buying an 04 or 05 SRT. Just curious to get some perspectives on the car - driving effort, creature comforts etc. I have an appointment this Saturday to drive an 04 - in every article I read there is no better exotic american car then the Viper - thoughts? Sure appreciate your input!
I'm selling my 04, only 1400 miles, click the Classifieds link above if you're interested for pics. Or look in My Gallery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
CTViper -- They are different types of cars. The C6 is a better daily driver and a kind of sporty car :sleeping: -- the Viper is a real head turner, both because of the torque and the attention you will get. Every time you get out of the Viper you will feel like you have just had an experience with a living, breathing thing and you'll have that special grin on your face!! /images/graemlins/shocked If your palms are getting sweaty about your test drive, you're just beginning to get the experience. Report back after your drive. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man these comments increase the anticipation of the test drive - one last question - in my internet research it seems to indicate (almost over exaggerate) the fact that the car gets hot in the cockpit when driven and the fact that the floor boards etc get so hot you could actually burn yourself when getting out of the car - any truth to these comments or are they over stated? Also the 04 being sold - why are you selling?

·
Registered
146 Posts
There are NO creature comforts in the SRT. The C6 makes a much better daily driver. The Viper is a toy that has no practical purpose ... it does put a big ass smile on your face and does draw a lot of attention though /images/graemlins/toothy.

You don't get in and out of this car, you put it on. Entry/exit will challenge most people but once you are in, the seats wrap around you and are quite comfortable. I have a Corsa exaust on this car and have not found the cabin heat to be bad at all. The "side sills" do get very hot and will bite you if you are not paying attention. It also tends to follow every little rut and groove in the highway so unless on a very smooth surface you will be bouncing along and correcting often.

The C6 is more comfortable, is more roomy and gives you much more for your money. The SRT is very raw has very little room and is essentially, big motor, big brakes, big wheels and tires ... that is it. My wife hates it ... that's a good thing! /images/graemlins/wink

Bottom line is this. If it is going to be a daily driver or used for things other than racing/cruising get the Vette. If you have another "practical" vehicle, go with the Viper and Hang On!!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
The only reason to buy a viper is to put a smile on your face when you are feeling sad. As far as buring yourself. Yes, the car does get warm. But with my 01 ACR I have NEVER burned myself. Just install a coated exhust system with HF cats and it should clear up the issue. As far as buring yourself. If you can't stand the heat get out of the viper.

The viper is not about being comfy. It's about driving hard and having fun. If the viper was music...it would be heavy metal. A vette...is pop rock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.