Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was able to read from the computer, but vcm editor would not open the file to view. Asking for mpvi2 to be plugged in to the computer(while i have the mpvi instead). Sent a support ticket to hp tuners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With new interface being added, it has to be plugged in to the computer to open tune files for viewing. My old interface can download and save tune from the car, but not licensed to just view it. Makes me think twice about checking other tuning options before having to buy a newer interface just for ability to view files. Not too excited to keep with hp tuners, but guessing other tuning software would have similar issues

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,570 Posts
Not sure if Boosted Motorsports is still on this forum but he's been working with HP Tuners and seems to like it. He's got a couple of YouTube vids tuning his Gen 2, worth watching to gain a bit more clarity, here's one:

https://youtu.be/Xph7kIxkEvM

Seems legit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like hp tuners, but hate their tactics. My original reader obviously works with the car and able to work, except for their license restriction forcing to update to a new reader and to be online during the editing of the files.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any more feedback or results with this? Im on the fence right now on getting it for my 98.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Watching this also for Viper ^^^

Several guys also commenting on GM platforms - bought a new 2016 GMC HD 6.0 gas. Great truck but accelerates "choppy", feels like a slight miss or timing not right like back in the day? Annoying as hell even at moderate throttle. Dealer claims it runs great & no software updates.

Cylinder deactivation or what? Tuner fix a brutha' up on this or what?

Also - any tuners can do both gas & diesel for the GM's? 2016 & 2011 Duramax work trucks I just picked...

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Getting ready to have my Gen2 engine broken in and tuned. I have SCT from like 10 years ago but tuner is pushing me to use HP Tuners for the Gen2. What's the cost? I don't get the credits, sounds like a scam to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Getting ready to have my Gen2 engine broken in and tuned. I have SCT from like 10 years ago but tuner is pushing me to use HP Tuners for the Gen2. What's the cost? I don't get the credits, sounds like a scam to me.
I love HPTuners for GM LS stuff....I just haven't tried it on my Gen2 yet and Im sure it will be more limited than the GM stuff.....and the credits make sense to me....actually better than SCT where the handheld VIN locks....now you can use one interface for hundreds of cars and just need to get credits to license to each ecu....if they just sold one interface and it didnt need credits they would make no money.

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
Vec 2 is the only way to go. Ask Dan Lesser.................................

:D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't like that hp tuners now requires internet connection and a plugged in interface just to look at a tune on a computer. Was all happy to start working with it, just to find out that the heavily limited on how to use it and interface requirements that are purely income based

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Henrik is the GOD......the VEC God....

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Civinco...ems-Tuning-Excellence-136791243035418/photos/

Yes we have business in US, in Florida in fact. We cooperate with Roe Racing

in Green Cove Springs. He has developed a supercharger kit for the Dodge

Viper, and we supply him with the engine management system called VEC2.

He will successive introduce our system for other cars as well, but we can

have the direct contact to start with, even if you later will have support

directly from Roe Racing.

Previous we have also supplied Kenny Bell with engine management systems.

So, what can we help you with? Do you want a system for your Volvo? The

BC500 system costs about 965 USD and can control many different things more

like a stand alone system than old type of piggy backs that just modify the

MAP signals. We connects to 2 ignition signals, up to 5 fuel injectors and

boost control systems. We can eliminate the MAF and replace it with MAP and

many more things.

Look forward to here from you again.

/Henrik

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am wanting to turbo my 2002 Viper engine and already have HP tuners. Has anyone used HPT to do forced induction tuning on Gen2 2002 Vipers? Not a lot of info on the topic that I have found.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
Contact Larry Macedo in the Orlando area. He has done multiple FI cars. Powerhouse Performance.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T
21 - 37 of 37 Posts